user profile
Sign in
user profile

Commingling inventory

by Seller_XrzrIet1qCFEB

Hello everyone!
First of all, I want to thank each of you for his efforts to help another and this is what pleasantly surprised me here. Sometimes this other is so far away from you and I am very pleased that we can be friends rather than competitors and foes.
Please share your experience in the way of product labeling. The few items I delivered, I used labeling every step of the way. I put a label on every unit, on every box and on a pallet. Someone I studied with did not advise me to use manufacturer barcodes or combine my products with those of other sellers.
After I started negotiations with suppliers, some of them say that it is enough to stick labels on the pallet. I don’t understand how this is possible. Even if I give up the labeling of each unit, then there is a labeling of each box.
So two questions:

1. Is it worth saving on preparatory goods and combining the goods with the goods of other sellers?
  2. Is it really possible to just stick the label on the pallet (when delivery is on the pallet) and Amazon will take it to its warehouse correctly?

Thanks!

Tags: Shipping labels, Warehouse
13 replies
13 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_XrzrIet1qCFEB’s post

Yes as you’ve already stated, by using manufacturer barcodes where there are other sellers is called commingling.
It has advantages in that it saves time however, you need to make sure that your item matches correctly, especially the barcode and EAN and hope that your competitors are selling the correct item too

user profile
Seller_DTufFoxJuMU0M

Basically with comingling the same items from all sellers are all mixed up.

Imagine a big box, 10 different sellers all send in the same product. They are all thrown into the box.

When a customer buys that product from you Amazon just go to the box and lift the first one they come to, and post it out to the customer, but it might have been an item that another seller sent in.

If you use FNSKU (you label each product) then your item is not in the box it is separated, so when a customer buys an item from you it is an item that you sent in.

user profile
Seller_DTufFoxJuMU0M

And make sure you’re buying from a proper business who is paying their taxes, and not some random person making some cash on the side of their jobseekers

user profile
Seller_DTufFoxJuMU0M

Sad though that I had to direct a friend where to find his messages after he was complaining that a seller messed up his order (honest mistake, but he had no idea where to find out if the seller messaged back)

My one gripe is that they don’t put a banner or something across a buyers page when they’ve received a message, or at least in the order details page.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post