user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer addresses coming through in strange layout?

by Seller_yGFP9vQJKe1zg

As the title says, the way the customers addresses are laid out for some orders is stranger, heres an example:

(address has been changed, but format the same)

FLAT 12 15 BESSENDER PALACE
LONDON
London
SWXX 0XX

I know its not wrong, but is there any reason customers addresses would be coming through like this? It wasn’t a problem upto 6 months ago I would say. But have noticed it a lot more recently. New customers maybe?

As I said, its not a massive issue, more a slight gripe. With the London address above, it just means I have to edit it slightly so it looks a little clearer.

Tags: Address
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_yGFP9vQJKe1zg’s post

At a guess, it’s more to do with the way people are putting the information in.
I don’t really notice myself as I don’t send that many items directly, it’s pretty much all FBA these days.

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

Yes, I have noticed too, but am sure, as Neil says, that it is the way the customers input their details.

The use of all lowercase really bugs me too !

'How do you manage to edit it on Amazon ? - you can on ebay, or do you print your own shipping labels ?
I buy shipping from Amazon, so the labels come out as they are.

user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S

With London there is no big surprise when you look at the layout customers are being asked to fill in (the county for London being Gtr London)

user profile
Seller_yGFP9vQJKe1zg

I’ve noticed it with other places too. Even little things like the house number being on its own line, with the street name below. I know its not a big deal, but it just looks untidy imo.

As for changing the address, I print my labels off myself (not FBA or anything) so I just change it on my label printer.

user profile
Seller_YkcmMaRQOX2Uc

Wait until you see some Scottish ones.

G/R 2
27 Roady Road
Etc

It means Ground floor flat on the Right hand side… They can’t do numbers, noooooo…

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post