Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_BfW68a3Fn4VB9

Does Amazon hold on to funds indefinately

My account has been suspended for nearly 160 days.

Seller performance initially informed me that the funds will be held for 90 days. Around 1 month ago they said they will release them on 22nd Jan. I emailled them however I got no response.

Can anyone help me?

11 replies
11 replies
user profile
Seller_2BrPSydGy6oyq

Normally they hold funds for 90 days, if they confirmed a release date for your funds, then it would appear they have no reason to withhold unless suspected fraud, or money laundering was involved.

Given they have exceeded 3 months, then you need to make a formal complaint to Amazon MD’s office, a normal letter by post (signed for) may receive more attention and offer 14 days to resolve…or, you either take it to small claims court, or contact FCA (Financial Services Ombudsman) as Amazon being now a financial service are regulated by the FCA and offer a free service if they take up your case.

As I pointed out, unless your activities (suspension) was related to illegal activities, fake goods etc., then it’s your cash they are illegally holding beyond 90 days (as per seller agreement).

user profile
Seller_lvc1scfq0rH8Y

In the good old days it was rarely longer than 90 days whereas now it’s almost always longer than 90 days, sometimes indefinitely. Read into that what you will…

user profile
Seller_BfW68a3Fn4VB9

Some customers complained that the goods were counterfeit. I am sure that the goods were not counterfeit as I purchased them from a large UK distributor.

I failed Amazon’s verification process in regards to activating my payments account.

user profile
Seller_mBENc0rmDmw5W

So which authority is regulating Amazon Payments, then?

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_BfW68a3Fn4VB9

Seller performance initially informed me that the funds will be held for 90 days. Around 1 month ago they said they will release them on 22nd Jan. I emailled them however I got no response.

Can anyone help me?

11 replies
user profile

by Seller_BfW68a3Fn4VB9

Can anyone help me?

Tags:
11 replies
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_2BrPSydGy6oyq

Normally they hold funds for 90 days, if they confirmed a release date for your funds, then it would appear they have no reason to withhold unless suspected fraud, or money laundering was involved.

Given they have exceeded 3 months, then you need to make a formal complaint to Amazon MD’s office, a normal letter by post (signed for) may receive more attention and offer 14 days to resolve…or, you either take it to small claims court, or contact FCA (Financial Services Ombudsman) as Amazon being now a financial service are regulated by the FCA and offer a free service if they take up your case.

As I pointed out, unless your activities (suspension) was related to illegal activities, fake goods etc., then it’s your cash they are illegally holding beyond 90 days (as per seller agreement).

user profile
Seller_lvc1scfq0rH8Y

In the good old days it was rarely longer than 90 days whereas now it’s almost always longer than 90 days, sometimes indefinitely. Read into that what you will…

user profile
Seller_BfW68a3Fn4VB9

Some customers complained that the goods were counterfeit. I am sure that the goods were not counterfeit as I purchased them from a large UK distributor.

I failed Amazon’s verification process in regards to activating my payments account.

user profile
Seller_mBENc0rmDmw5W

user profile
Seller_2BrPSydGy6oyq

user profile
Seller_2BrPSydGy6oyq

user profile
Seller_lvc1scfq0rH8Y

user profile
Seller_lvc1scfq0rH8Y

user profile
Seller_BfW68a3Fn4VB9

user profile
Seller_BfW68a3Fn4VB9

user profile
Seller_mBENc0rmDmw5W

user profile
Seller_mBENc0rmDmw5W