user profile
Sign in
user profile

Estimate shipping date are way out

by Seller_VSGPEORb4yGqN

Today is the 11th May.
I was just checking my listings and noticed that Amazon’s estimated shipping date (where the listing says: want this by X day, choose Express Shipping at checkout) is way out. It is saying my items will arrive between 17th - 18th May.
If someone ordered from me right now (9.10AM) with express, they would have it tomorrow. Even with standard shipping, it would be there by Monday 14th.
There’s no wonder sales are down when the customers think everything takes a week to deliver.
Has anyone else had this? I’ve checked my shipping settings and they are correct. Express is set to 1 - 2 days.
Any help welcome.

Tags: Shipping
28 replies
28 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc
In reply to: Seller_VSGPEORb4yGqN’s post

Yes, your post prompted me to check mine, and likewise, today they are saying delivery between 17th-21st May.
I have had no sales for 6 days, which is unheard of, and wonder if this is why.
I ALWAYS post same or next day, so would arrive before their date that says they need to use expedited.
Ridiculous. Will open a case, but to be honest will probably get a format reply.

user profile
Seller_KQwXr5kY5oIPO

Definitely something wrong.

our listings are showing
ARRIVES BETWEEN MAY 16TH & 18TH. WANT DELIVERY BY THURSDAY 17TH MAY? CHOOSE EXPRESS DELIVERY AT CHECKOUT.

user profile
Seller_PlKOXCY4N4df5

Opening a case will make no difference at all. Amazon like to “manage” customer expectations so they allow a buffer so if you are late shipping or there is a delay along the way the customer still gets it early or on time. Also it highlights prime more. I suggest you offer premium shipping two day and next day which require you to ship the same day or day after the order if after 2pm.

user profile
Seller_0Amk0hnQkPWMH

It’s because they are adding the delivery dates to both dispatch dates, which stretches it out.

Looking at my orders of tdoay, they should be dispatched 14th-15th May, thus express delivery says get it by 15th-17th May. Which is normal.

You could always change your leadtime-to-ship to 1 day (instead of the default 2 days), in which case you would be expected to dispatch no later than 14th, express delivery get it by 15th-16th

Also double check your delivery dates are 2-3 days not 3-5 days

user profile
Seller_aM6EyM3iNnXkL

Thank you Super_Universe for posting this. Our listings are showing the same…and absolutely no wonder that our sales have dropped considerably. I had assumed our drop in sales was down to other factors but this is staring us in the face.

I have checked one of listings for a product that was ordered over night and the back-end is correct showing both standard and express dates, but the only shipping/arrival dates shown on the product as seen by the customer are the standard/arrival shipping dates but are stated on screen as the express option.

A glitch in the Amazon matrix or something screwy?!..

We will also contact SS…

All the best for now

Lee ~ SomHydro

user profile
Seller_lDmJ0e5ECCtnB

This to me looks like another tactic to get our customers buying through prime. They just hope customers will pay twice the price for a quicker delivery.

user profile
Seller_yuLL4hqU3QyQB

It is just another way to push us into using Prime.

user profile
Seller_BvioC6Fh2N6ou

I have learnt one thing from Amazon platform and its that they are completely biased towards themselves and private sellers are their least priority. They need us to know market trends and after that they just capture the wave and make money for themselves.
That’s all.
I have been doing 28K monthly sales early this year and now down to 2K because of 2 A-Z and one charge-back. Upon checking my matrix, found that finally my ODR is 1.26% and I will be in good standing in few days.
Two days later, It went down to 2.68% and account at risk status.Upon checking I found out it says A-Z claims date
between 5JAN - 4APRIL. But the actaul date was 10th of May. So how they justify their ratings. So its their sole reason to keep sellers down as far as I can see…
Gud luck and happy selling!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post