user profile
Sign in
user profile

Fraudulent Buyers

by Seller_pY2NhrKfJ4whn

Just had another ‘customer’ who filed an A-Z. Buyer name and buyer name on delivery address did not match up so instantly, it raised suspicion. I then looked further and noticed this order was back from Feb. I am defending the claim, obviously, by stating the communication upon ordering ‘5 star feedback on successful transaction etc’ and stating, despite our tracking and customer confirming the order was delivered. I have also stated the law to which is Amazon grant the claim, they will be assisting an offender in which I will report accordingly. Something tells me it will be granted but I am not letting this one drop unlike the others. It is killing our business and will probably leave Amazon by the end of the year.

On another note, does anyone have the managing directors email address?

Tags: Address, Transactions
38 replies
38 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S
In reply to: Seller_pY2NhrKfJ4whn’s post

MD Doug Gurr at managingdirector@amazon.co.uk

good luck…

user profile
Seller_jjQ4dQOPjTmqs

It’s obviously from a dropshipper. Tel them to withdraw the A-Z as you have proof of delivery and that you’ve reported them to Amazon for fraud.

user profile
Seller_GGzDKOkzQyKkd

It really is not good enough. I have one this week with tracking and proof of delivery, Prime customer called customer services, said she had not received it and they refunded her immediately from my money. No notification to me and no communication whatsoever from the buyer.

I am contesting it, she was not in, never is as she works. Royal mail delivered it to a neighhbour they signed for it and the postman left a card through her door. So once again she has a free item.

Buyers are getting items and their money and sellers are paying for this.

user profile
Seller_74ijaPS0pKj8Q

Wonder if it’s the same one a lot of other sellers have encountered recently and posted about. Type the customer name into the forum search bar and on google too and see if you get any hits. A lot of drop shippers have a long history of this scam and if you can show this it might help your case.

user profile
Seller_lhG3Y690i4Qj9

We have the same buyers that send us the same message;

“Hi Seller,
Thanks for taking my order,
Please remove the invoice of this item and ship it without a price tag as this item is a gift.
Also, please ship it as soon as possible.
5 star feedback promised for a successful transaction
Thanks.”

Obviously drop shippers and we have had several buyer names from them. We email them asking if they would like to cancel the order as we cannot offer “customisation” with regards to not including any invoice and we never get a reply.

My advice is to contact seller support and advise them that they are potentially drop shippers.

We did just that and were told that we can cancel the order is we wish and it will not affect any metrics and they will look at all drop shipper claim from sellers.

Better to be safe than sorry!

user profile
Seller_dV48VpJHDb6Yx

I think I’m up to five different drop shippers. Always ship items tracked. Unless the item is low value. Then I just give Amzon the referral fees plus subscription fee, Royal Mail the shipping costs, packaging company their peice of the transction, whole sale company their money, HMCR their cut, the receipient the item and not forgeting the dropshipper their hefty 100% profit. With the minus left over I look to the honest sales and try to justify the situation win some lose some, calling it ‘The bigger picture’.

I contacted Amazon and here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting us with regard to the issue of message received from the buyer with asking not to send invoice and tagged the product as gift. Please allow me to assist you with this matter.

I have checked the message provided by you and believe that some other seller is placing order with you and delivering it to their customer directly and requesting you, not to ship the product with invoice and marked them as a gift.

Drop-shipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer. As a result, the merchant never sees or handles the product. The biggest difference between dropshipping and the standard retail model is that the selling merchant doesn’t stock or own inventory. Instead, the merchant purchases inventory as needed from a third party – usually a wholesaler or manufacturer – to fulfill orders.

Hence I would like to inform you that always dispatch your product along with sale invoice, by providing the invoice, your are complying with Amazon policy as well as European law.

Once again, I assure you that if the buyer takes any inappropriate action action for you (like negative feedback or an A-Z) in future then we will take your side because as a seller you have not done anything wrong.

Secondly, I will appreciate if you can collect the order IDs where you have faced this issue so that Amazon can take the corrective action pertaining to those sellers/buyers who are violating Amazon policy.

More ever, I have forwarded your concern to the vigilance team that reviews buyer activities as part of any investigation into possible violations of our policies.

Please be assured, they’ll investigate the issue regarding this buyer and take the appropriate action against him.

Fingers crossed eh.

user profile
Seller_dV48VpJHDb6Yx

Another today.

My stock email to drop shippers:
Greetings from Amazon seller,
Due to the increased volume of drop shippers using the Amazon platform, we are advised that all sellers should ensure that items are shipped using a signed and tracked service. We are also informed that sellers should always dispatch products along with sales invoice, by providing the invoice; we are complying with Amazon policy as well as European law.

Examples of drop shipping that is not permitted:
• Purchasing products from another online retailer and having that retailer ship directly to customers; or
• Shipping orders with packing slips, invoices, or other information indicating a seller name or contact information other than your own.

KIng David - recorded orders shipped directly to customers:

204-5011366-4****61 12 Dec 2017 17:32:17 GMT.
P S
Insert address here
United Kingdom

204-4812653-5****02 29 Mar 2018 18:33:48 BDT
j k
Insert address here
United Kingdom

Thank you for buying on Amazon.

C J

user profile
Seller_b4oY3K5sra7ZA

I think I read on one of the threads that if you cancel due to “undeliverable address”, then it doesn’t impact your metrics.

Can anyone confirm for certain if this is actually the case?

user profile
Seller_74ijaPS0pKj8Q

I’ve had trouble with Orit in the past, google the names he uses and there are lots of comments from sellers about his scams… I cancel all orders from him now.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post