user profile
Sign in
user profile

German account has deactivated UK account

by Seller_kEKKXNOZbWW51

Hi
Hope someone on here can help or at least explain.
I have a pro-seller account, fbm, sales under the VAT threshold and a sole trader. Been here for 6 years

I used to sell into the EU but after post-brexit EU customs border issues in early Jan I made all EU marketplaces inactive. I was happy selling just to the UK market with no issues and a UK account in good health 100% vtr etc.
On March the 2nd Amazon.de emailed me this;
Your Amazon.de seller account has been temporarily deactivated. We have noticed that your section “Legal notice and information about the seller” is not complete. This section lacks information about your company that is required by German law.
Mandatory information:

1. Company name
  2. Legal form of the legal person (e.g. AG, GmbH)
  3. First and last name of the company representative (i.e. CEO or General Manager)
  4. Contact email address and phone number
  5. Company address (place)

As I have no plans to resell on Amazon.de anytime soon. I ignored it untill last week my UK account was deactivated. I spoke to CS and told them i had made German marketplace inactive in January and I have no wish sell there and said we cannot reactivate you UK account until I fill in the required information on for amazon.de.

Ironically the required info is already filled in on my UK account and verified. I am not a director or a ceo and I have no limited company.
My question is why/how is it mandatory to have German policies in place when I do not wish to sell there, and why should this prevent the UK marketplace.

Sorry if it is a little long-winded.

Any help would be appreciated.
Lee

Tags: International expansion
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_64jziShTiTjOq
In reply to: Seller_kEKKXNOZbWW51’s post

Because your German account is still open - you have just temporarily given up on it but you could start again at any time. It looks like you will either have to supply the details or close your German account permanently. And your UK account has probably been deactivated because a problem on one account can lead to suspension on all

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post