user profile
Sign in
user profile

Hermes - Drop Off Service - Lockers?

by Seller_t6JkIVc0W871O

Hi All,

I often buy labels through Amazon as it’s cheaper than dealing with Hermes directly.

I usually drop-off at my local shop - but it’s only small.

I wondered if the Amazon purchased Hermes labels also work on the ‘Hermes Lockers’?

There’s too many parcels to take to the shop tomorrow, so I’m thinking the next closest to me is a locker service. Has anyone tried this before? Does it work?

Many Thanks in Advance

Sophie

Tags: Lost shipment, Royal Mail, Shipping labels
16 replies
16 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_zhjiy4JuMEuyF
In reply to: Seller_t6JkIVc0W871O’s post

I can’t answer the question about Amazon purchased labels, but I will say that on 3 occasions over the past couple of weeks I’ve turned up at a locker only to receive a message “no lockers available” when I scan the barcode in, so bear that in mind.

user profile
Seller_ZPjajjMXjCNQH

they do - thats how I post my “Bought from amazon” hermes labels

user profile
Seller_a8eWx2pfTXiWY

Yes I buy off amazon and take to the locker, ours are large lockers so can get all my parcels in usually

user profile
Seller_vBhX3TH7dNqhN

Yes, I generally use the InPost locker at either the garage or supermarket. They are a bit of a chore to use compared to the local shop as it takes a while to scan each item, wait for a door to open, select a larger locker, close the smaller locker door, wait for a larger locker door to open… you get the idea x15 parcels! The benefit of InPost is that they are open 24/7.

user profile
Seller_dq2LkyNJsyJbm

I use lockers a lot for Amazon Purchased labels.
As I have 5 locations near me, what I do is call In Post up, and tell them how many items I have, and they advise me what is the best location to take them to.

However, if your business is sending out over 100 a week, via Parcel 2 Go, you can get a Hermes Business collection. I have it starting this week. Up to 1 KG is £2.40 or up to 2 KG is £3.30 plus VAT.
Its not a normal driver collection, its the van that also collects from Lockers, so your items get to the hub that day, so its a 2 day service, as driver collected do not always make it to the hub on day 1.

user profile
Seller_c4wLS0ixQ8oU4

I Used one of these and it boke down with my parcels inside.
It took 2 weeks to repair and release the parcels.

Won’t be using it again.

user profile
Seller_sgYXsG85mA5UZ

I’ve been to lockers to put a parcel in and when the door open there was always a parcel in the locker
also it took them 3 days before it was even collected from the locker
this is the last time we used this service, best to take into a shop

user profile
Seller_xosmNeYQPKeR1

you could drop off them at 2 or more different shops in your town.

user profile
Seller_Af7glnBhOsYro

Yes they work with lockers, its my primary source of drop off

user profile
Seller_prNRYzgZJre6A

From experience, Hermes are suffering with their deliveries in our part of the UK (Eastern Scotland), so I would avoid using them. They are hopeless and I am being polite. We have been waiting for personal orders to arrive (next day) for over a week now and there is no update on any of the 6 parcels from various websites.

Go to original post