user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to get and EAN number from amazon

by Seller_z0ymmzCHQhYCd

I am having a product made in India under my brand name and I want Amazon to barcode it up when it reaches their depot, which I believe they do for 15p a unit. I need to add my product but haven’t got the EAN number to do so. How do I get this to add product prior to my prodct arriving with Amazon.uk?

Tags: Add a product
32 replies
32 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_BS5lg2keRs2QO
In reply to: Seller_z0ymmzCHQhYCd’s post

The EAN/UPC barcode is not given to you by Amazon, you have to buy them from GS1. You can also apply for an exemption.

Amazon use FNSKU labels to help track a seller’s stock, which is also a barcode, and is generally put over the top of the UPC barcodes. They will usually apply labels for a fee, but I don’t think they will do it for items without a UPC barcode.

user profile
Seller_3yhYGU61cigbH

An ASIN is for a stand alone product, if you are using your own brand for a particular product you will have to make the listing yourself which will generate an ASIN. I don’t do FBA but have had some involvement with Amazon Vendor central in the past. I take it amazon is aware that your product is coming to them and it’s booked in, which as far as I’m aware would be difficult if the product is not even listed on Amazon. From what I’m seeing you need to get your head into the seller university and quickly.

user profile
Seller_wCBNIkhq9oa2J

Do not send it to amazon. Once you have the experience this is probably a great option but at the moment it sounds like it isn’t because of your question.

Before you spend any money you need to make sure you can even list in that category. Personally, when i’m 99% sure they’ll be no issues, I then make the listing before spending any money (except maybe a spare EAN). Leave it a few days, change to FBA and if this is a success, i will then order a small quantity; around 30 depending on the value. See how these sell. But definitely get them shipped to you, affix your labels, make a shipping plan, have them collected and then just see how it goes. All going well you can start to increase the order quantity and then start looking at sending them straight there.

Also read up on EAN, GTIN, UPC, FnSKU and SKUs.

user profile
Seller_z0ymmzCHQhYCd

I am clicking on the link for support but cannot find the section that says Selling on Amazon?

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

not sure how many you’re making but the max at the min for most lines is 200 on fba as well

user profile
Seller_y7wlA8Npjq1Or

You don’t get from Amazon as already stated you get from GS1 But for one product only i world apply for a UPC exemption with Amazon.
As for all your other questions its all simple stuff really/
Are you sure you don’t want to pay someone to do it for you???
I can do it for a mere £40 thousand.

user profile
Seller_Um75lpkae2TCH
  1. What category is your product? Some categories are blocked to new sellers especially during the Christmas period.
  2. Amazon will only allow maximum 200 units until you start getting some sales.
  3. To reach the multiple countries you speak of, you will need to register for VAT numbers in every other country you want to sell in, even more complicated now that we are leaving the EU.
  4. You’ll get the amazon warehouse address once you create a shipment. (There are different warehouses across the country, so not quiet sure where you got the address you’re shipping to right now). Amazon will dispose of your items (literally send it to the landfill) if you ship without following their guidelines.
  5. Someone already mentioned about trademarks. It’s the only way you’ll be accepted to list items without having to join the GS1 barcode system (stay away from cheap barcodes being sold on ebay).
  6. You’ve been dazzled by the amazon FBA get rich quick scams. you’re in for a surprise. If it was that easy, we would all be millionaires.
user profile
Seller_z0bYlAYzTI9rM

Hi mensislife
Just wondering whether your have moved forward on any of this?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post