user profile
Sign in
user profile

Royal Mail Backlog

by Seller_dhMmbIxRykEUL

I’m advised by Royal Mail employees that Royal Mail are up to 10 days in backlog due to the volume of packages including Special Deliveries.
Posties are trying to get RM to give them overtime but the “budget” won’t allow.
Neil

Tags: Packaging, Royal Mail
20 replies
20 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_MaCn7NvTI3GGw
In reply to: Seller_dhMmbIxRykEUL’s post

I guess this is a local issue. Not seen any dramatic delays in our deliveries.

user profile
Seller_rQvQ81c4j1EhT

In that case send everything RM Special, because if it doesn’t get there next day you get your money back. There really is something known as “Free Delivery”

user profile
Seller_HRqC7Eq5Rjcr4

Also seeing a backlog in some areas, but not 10 days. 5 days for standard 2nd and 2 days for tracked 24, which is great for metrics.

user profile
Seller_vJ08QoZpmGgNp

Maidstone? unofficial walkout today apparently.

user profile
Seller_K8edOfPu9HEmN

Someones may be spinning a line here. Very very rarely do special deliveries get backlogged as they are treated very differently to the normal mail, thats why they go in pouches or different mail sacks to the normal post.

To find out day to day problems with the Royal Mail just go to RM’s web site and search for “Service Updates”.

This will show you all the problems that RM has encountered but be aware it’s obviously a day behind.

This is what RM are reporting today

An air service between Edinburgh airport and Stansted airport last night arrived later than scheduled. As a result, some items posted from Central and Southern Scotland yesterday for delivery in parts of London, the South of England and Northern Ireland yesterday may be delivered later than scheduled.

There are also some reported issues from our National Distribution Centre (NDC) in Daventry from last night. An overview of these issues and how they affect service appears below:

Due to heavy traffic, a vehicle arrived late from our Carlisle Mail Centre. As a result, some mail posted in the CA and DG postcode areas yesterday, for delivery today in parts of the South East of England may arrive later than expected.
Due to road works on route, a vehicle arrived late from our Norwich Mail Centre. As a result, a small amount of mail posted in the NR postcode area yesterday, for delivery today in parts of the South East, North East and North West of England may arrive later than anticipated.
The mail travelling from Swindon Mail Centre to East Midlands Airport last night, had to be diverted to our National Distribution Centre due to vehicle breakdown. As a result, some mail posted in the OX, RG and SN postcode areas yesterday, for delivery today in North West and North East of England, Northern Ireland and Scotland may arrive later than expected.
Last night a vehicle arrived late at our South Western Distribution Centre due to multiple diversions on the M4 motorway. As a result of this, some mail posted to addresses in parts of the South West of England and South Wales, from the rest of the UK and overseas may arrive later than expected.

Issues at our Dorset Mail Centre yesterday meant not all mail could be processed on schedule. As a result, some mail posted in the BH and DT postcode areas yesterday, for delivery today in other parts of the UK may arrive later than planned.

user profile
Seller_cJDqPFV2U0xru

Notice for customers in Maidstone (ME14, ME15, ME16 and parts of ME17) postcode areas today
This morning,staff at our Maidstone Delivery Office(ME14, ME15, ME16 and parts of ME17 postcode areas)commenced unballoted industrial action.

Deliveries of mail will be disrupted today, however the Customer Service Point (CSP) remains open for customers to collect items for which we’ve left a ‘Something for you’ card.

Mail collections may be affected later today if the action continues, we’ll update this page as more information becomes available.

We’re very sorry for the disruption caused by this unballoted industrial action and are working hard to return services in Maidstone to normal as quickly as possible.

user profile
Seller_z38OOZ4MlyE4q

The past 2 months Royal Mail’s times seem to have gone to utter rubbish.

The Royal Mail are shockingly bad at the minute. Had around 5 items getting lost in the past month abroad, particularly France and Germany.

They aim to be 3-5 days to Europe with the service we use. We are getting a lot of messages asking about where there orders are. Some people receiving it 2 weeks later after ordering.

Another 4 lost in the UK or receiving items 10 days late. When you ring them they seem utterly clueless or say that they current rate is 97% so it falls within there own metrics…

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post