user profile
Sign in
user profile

Royal Mail Tracking?

by Seller_GGzDKOkzQyKkd

Yes I know there are lots of messages about this already. However none of them answer a question I have about this.

As Amazon is currently not accepting Royal Mail tracking as valid, I am therefore no longer eligible for offering Premium Shipping. As Royal Mail is the process for sending Premium Shipping. this is therefore a problem that I can see no way of solving.

I have now received a performance notification asking me to provide a plan explaining how I will avoid this situation in the future.

Given that the problem is with the Amazon system and that in fact I have fully valid tracking on every order I send out, it is therefore unclear to me how I am supposed to provide this plan of action. Before someone asks, yes I have sent them full details, twice now, of all the orders and all the Royal Mail tracking for every order. If they check this they can see every order is delivered and signed for.

Does anyone know how I can possibly provide valid tracking for items sent by Royal Mail? The tracking is only invalid because Amazon are suddenly, with no warning, not recognising it, so how exactly am I supposed to resolve this.

As Amazon seem to be unable to provide the answer or explain how valid tracking can be obtained from Royal Mail, I don’t see a way forward with this situation. If I had actually made an error or done something wrong and there was some way for me to resolve this, then clearly I would put a plan of action together. But when this is caused by Amazon suddenly deciding Royal Mail tracking is not valid, I can’t see how the resolution for this can possibly come from my end.

Oh yes and to provide this plan of action I have to reply to the performance notification, except there is no link or other way to reply to it.

Edited by: Isla on Jan 14, 2018 3:01 AM

Tags: Royal Mail, Shipping
24 replies
24 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_2MDS66zdjPMUU
In reply to: Seller_GGzDKOkzQyKkd’s post

You can write directly to the performance team’s e mail address.

However because Amazon’s IT system does not recognise Amazon’s new policy for tracking numbers you are unlikely to get a personal reply because thousands of sellers will have been affected. I suspect we will all have to wait and hope firstly Amazon actually clarify their policy and how the metric will work and secondly set up operational procedures and IT systems to deliver the policy accurately.

Sadly Amazon do not seem to care that the WHOLE metric system needs a major re-think. It is unnecessarily punative to good sellers and does not deliver the enhanced service to the customer that they intend. Actually it degrades customer experience when a number of market and FBA sellers can manipulate the system or are treated inconsistently under Amazon policy by ignoring terrible metrics solely so that Amazon sales continue to roll in with the consequence that buyers continue to be disappointed.

For the first time we are now seeing A-Z customers who have already been refunded able to open A_Z claims for not having a refund. Maybe they have taken the option of blocking marketplace messages and have not seen the refund message but that is no excuse for Seller Support who don’t check and after a mistake can do nothing to clear up the unwarranted metric that they created.

Amazon, Its broke … please fix it !

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

I would suggest you copy and send your post to the MD - see if he can understand what you are saying - we can, so why can’t Seller Support ?!!

user profile
Seller_mBENc0rmDmw5W

>Customer told me Amazon had said it was an issue with their system. REALLY, oh surely not??

Amazon no doubt is very busy trying to update its system to accept and add the RM 2D bar codes. eBay managed to do that without any problems or glitches, just as it has accepted all other courier codes.
But then, Amazon does prefer going round and round in circles …

user profile
Seller_GGzDKOkzQyKkd

Yes you are right, I did have a go at this plan of action. However I have had to abandon it for today until I calm down.

It has to be rational and excluding swear words, I am beyond achieving that right now. So tomorrow is another day. Perhaps a G&T and a good nights sleep may help.

user profile
Seller_saK5Ah2SaNYjL

The weird thing (or maybe not so) is that we also sell on Etsy and eBay.

Both very quickly (if not immediately) were able to accept Royal Mail 2D barcodes as valid tracking. Both must have better ways of integrating with Royal Mail’s systems. It should not be the seller’s responsibility to get Amazon on board with this.

Our valid tracking rate is dismal. This is desipte the fact that we put up prices in December to cover FBM sales and Signed For with Royal Mail. 100% of packages sent FBM in December were sent signed for but out valid tracking metric shows 31%. Delivered on time is 98%.

How the fu%$ do they figure that one out?

user profile
Seller_GGzDKOkzQyKkd

There is no requirement to have it delivered on a Saturday, the next working day is a Monday and that is taken into account on the expected delivery date. I have never found the expected delivery date to be shown on Amazon as the Saturday.

If it is ordered on a Friday you can send it Saturday for delivery on Monday. If it is ordered on a Thursday we would send it on Thursday for delivery Friday.

user profile
Seller_GGzDKOkzQyKkd

Well it doesn’t when I get an order, it shows the expected delivery date as the Monday. I have never seen one with the expected date as a Saturday.

However I will check the next time I have one if Amazon ever get around to sorting this out, but I have been sending them for some time and have not had a problem with them at all.

user profile
Seller_GGzDKOkzQyKkd

Second Day (That is what Amazon call Premium Shipping)

Expected dispatch date
15 Dec 2017

Deliver by
19 Dec 2017

That is copied and pasted from one of my Premium Shipping orders. There is no requirement to deliver on a Saturday there never has been. The 15th is a Friday the 19th is in fact the Tuesday.

As you think this needs to be delivered on a Saturday are you confusing this with Prime deliveries?

Edited by: Isla on Jan 17, 2018 8:58 PM

user profile
Seller_GGzDKOkzQyKkd

Thanks, I was beginning to think perhaps it was sorted out and it was just me still not able to get tracking accepted.

user profile
Seller_S4NFZaI3KWKY1

Hi Isla,
I have this Royal mail invalid tracking problem today. Its been more than 6 months since you had this problem. Any tips on how I can resolve this? You think if I send them screenshots of Rm saying delivered, will they remove my invalid tracking metrics?
Thanks.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post