Spike in Claims for Non-Delivery - COVID-19

We have had hardly any over the past 2-3 weeks, i believe Amazon stopped sending the Notorious “parcel is late email” or at least reworded it. However we have had 4 in the past 24 hours claiming non delivery [ even with tracking] and 1 confirming item has arrived. so wondering if Amazon have started sending the email again.

I have received similar emails from Customers - but far more from customers demanding a refund as they have been told by Amazon they are entitled to receive!

I’ve just had a raft of emails of refunds done by amazon for non receipt of items but they haven’t done a to z claims or messaged me saying the items haven’t come!

These are automatic refunds to the customer, you have 30 days, as per the new agreement to appeal and get Amazon to refund your account.

Good luck :crossed_fingers:t3:

how do I find them other than on my email, is there a report? Thanks :slight_smile:

Just check your account health regularly here:-
https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/performance/dashboard

Everything on that is 0% I assume it’ll suddenly spike tomorrow. Thanks for your help

Why? surely Large Letter and fit right through the buyers letterbox

That’s the point, easy for the recepient to claim they didn’t see it / receive it and the posties is less likely to remember delivering it.

A parcel on the other hand means that the postie may have to knock on the door or leave with a neighbour and I certainly remember many of the parcelsI deliver.

Incidentally can everyone make sure that the address is complete, I have had a number of parcels where the number or street is missing.

One flat I deliver to regularly has the number missing, now call me cynical but it looks like the recepient is deliberately leaving the number off resulting in delayed delivery AND he can claim is is lost so he ends up with two items. I did mention it to him so I think I have made him realise that I know what he is up to.

Hang on this is news to me and I’ve noticed a few refunds today. How do Amazon know the items haven’t arrived?

I’ve recently seen an increase in claims for non delivery going back as far as 6 weeks. All orders send courier and tracked. 3 A-Z claims all that I have tracking for but have been found in the favor of the customer and refunded. It’s insanity but there is little you can do and Amazon uphold the claim even if disputed. What do they expect?

They don’t, it’s now down to us to prove they have. :roll_eyes:

Yes we have discovered the same and this is why we check every delivery address. At the moment there is a group of customers in France leaving out the house number. There is one way to get around the system is to put the customer contact number on the Parcel. Laposte can always contact the customer if the address is incomplete or the postie cannot locate the address. Entering the customer telephone contact number is in accordance with Amazon policy postal label. Another issue we have noticed is the customer will not provide their full name on the delivery information.

So far we have counted 64 customers giving us incomplete delivery address.

Amazon really need to update their policy to ensure the seller is not liable for an invalid delivery address when the customer raises and A-Z claim for none delivery.

I’ve gone on holiday for 3 Amazon marketplaces in the EU now and the others I have raised my prices 70%. I can’t be bothered anymore, Amazon keep refunding customers for non delivery yet the postal services are under such pressure and are weeks behind processing mail. Amazon does not care and just steals my money and refunds them.
Well, Amazon can go do one, I don’t need them that much. Their loss because I have a lot of stock that is now hard to come by as manufacturing has been closed the last two month. My focus is on my own customers on my own website.

funny since reopening I have had 0 refunds on Ebay - Think Amazon customers know its easy too claim and with the new returnless claims too then you might as well work for free

Yes we were warned about this from one of our customers and noticed other sellers were reporting this worrying tactic employed by Amazon. We stopped sending tracking information on CRL large letters and then extended it to CRL parcels when another customer reported receiving a refund invitation on a parcel too. So I cut the link between Royal Mail and Amazon permanently. I also attach another label on the envelope echoing the delivery tracking number in bold and larger font and the service employed, eg LL48-01. This helps in management of my C & D dispatches and underlines the package is being monitored at point of delivery. Most customers are honest but Amazon’s emails are too much of a temptation for some I fear. So far a huge decrease in claims.
We’ve reluctantly taken the decision to move away from Amazon for three main reasons. One, the email encouraging refunds, secondly the extra work involved in adjusting prices/removing listings because of the new pricing policy and finally, and most importantly, the upcoming hike in closing fees. My calculation on my sales for June was they are receiving a REAL commission of 21% per book which I calculate will rise to 24% on like for like sales come January. This is when all fees are taken into account. On rising numbers from Abebooks, Alibris, Biblio and Ebay I expect to see a slight improvement in the 15% average commission I currently experience on these platforms, especially on Abe. Amazon are milking their premier position in the UK used book market and their treatment of some sellers is close to abusive. Personally I can’t justify passing a more than 3% hike onto customers to balance my margins. After 19 years of online bookselling, primarily with Amazon, I’m still mystified why buyers are so loyal to Amazon when the websites of competitors are so much more attractive in terms of all manner of customer experience and value for money. Personally I only buy from Amazon as a matter of last resort. I’m sorry if this comes across as a Geoffrey Howe moment Amazon, but someone has to tell you. Just in case you missed it first time around here it is again. It’s rather like sending our opening batsmen to the crease only for them to find that before the first ball is bowled, their bats have been broken by the team captain. The time has come for others to consider their own response to the tragic conflict of loyalties with which I have myself wrestled for perhaps too long. Unfortunately I think cricket won’t be your strongest suit.