.txt file into google sheets?

Hey

I am trying to do some analysis on the numbers related to my amazon fba orders.

I am downloading the transactional reports and they are arriving in .txt format. Within this format, I can not use the data as it is doesn’t format properly google sheets ( i don’t have excel only google sheets)

Has anybody figured out a smart way to convert these .txt files into more friendly .xlsx format so they can be used in google sheets?

Thank you very much for your help:)

Open google sheets. Import .txt file. Done.

Thanks for the comment JPM_Co

That’s correct, if you just want to import a .txt file to google drive.

My question was to get the data within the .txt file to be workable within a google spread sheet.

Nothing to do with google drive, that’s just a virtual hard drive.

Open a new spreadsheet, open the ‘file’ drop-down, find ‘import’ and link to your text file.

Its exactly the same as excel , I’ve done it countless times.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

Google sheets does not convert the numbers from text cells to numerical cells so you can’t do any formulas.

I’ve downloaded excel & the numbers are now formatted so I will just use excel.

I have been downloading transaction reports for reconciliation but the data shown in the report on amazon & the report that is downloaded don’t have the exact same figures.

Can i ask which reports you normally download to analyse all of your transactions & fees paid?

Thanks for you help.

closed #6

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.