Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_r9IzAmeV4A9Pl

Uploading VAT invoices for non VAT registered sellers?

Hi,

No idea why we need to upload invoices, these are easily found by buyers under the " Orders " page. However Amazon are insisting on this. However as a Non VAT registered seller, Amazon’s system will not allow us to do this automatically as it insists in a VAT Number which of course we do not have .
Any help would be appreciated

84 replies
Tags:Registration
84 replies
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl

Business customers have to be provided with an invoice. This is irrespective of whether or not you are vat registered. And what is there already, is NOT an invoice. That’s why your being asked to do so.
No doubt at some point, they will change it, so that all customers must have an invoice.
You cannot use the invoicing service if you are not vat registered.
So you can only upload one manually at this point. Though I’m sure there will be some software that will do it for you at a price.

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

There have been several threads on this topic since it was introduced and there is an easy workaround.

You only need to upload if it is a business customer and they ask for it.
If you are not VAT registered you cannot use Amazon’s service, but several of us use
invoice-generator.com.

You need to change the currency to GBP and fill in details, download to your computer, then click ‘Upload Invoice’ button, browse and upload the invoice.
I usually put in the box that no VAT has been charged as not VAT registered (and as I sell books, they are zero rated for VAT anyway)

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV

I’m not VAT registered but I do send a copy of the order with the items as a receipt.

Legally I can’t do invoices as not registered but on the rare occasion a customer demands one I email it with VAT showing £0.00.

Strangely of all the platforms Amazon is my worst for sales and the only that requires the uploading of invoices.

If I were to start uploading invoices/receipts it would show business details that Amazon probably wouldn’t want the customers to know like my name, address, contacts and website.

user profile
Seller_r9IzAmeV4A9Pl

Thanks for the replies guys, I can produce PDF invoices by " printing " the order, but changing the output from a printer to a PDF file, and saving to file. But I cant enter a VAT number I dont have to use the automated service, all Amazon have to do is put in a " Non VAT registered " field , and then we could get this to work. Why we need to is a different debate, an invoice is sent with the goods and available on the " Orders " page for customers, this would be a 3rd invoice for the same order.

user profile
Seller_AVzpJ3Yioalo5

Not sure @JillyB1 about “You only need to upload if it is a business customer and they ask for it.” Had email today from AMZ “requesting” that I upload invoices for sales to business customers in January even though they had not requested. I agree invoice-generator.com works fine but does need some tweaking for each sale

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV

I should have said I on my invoices it is worded along the lines of:
VAT - Not registered - £0.00

The wording not registered appears and the figure of £0.00 on Amazon receipts when requested.

Outside Amazon It is just VAT - £0.00. I’ve never had an issue on any other platform.

user profile
Seller_8xsCcWA5HvWHp

Should be automated, Amazon make enough money from us!

user profile
Seller_5Qk2OCkmLZ8H3

Creating an invoice from your order copy is easy, as the only difference between the two is that an invoice needs your business address to be included. the easy workaround is to put your business address in the footer of the page settings on your browser for printing then print it to pdf and the order will have your address printed at the bottom. Save the pdf to the customers name or order number and upload the file to their order.

Any business can request an invoice and any person that sells irrespective of being a legitimate business entity or private seller have to produce one on demand. All it proves is that the purchase is legitimate and that HMRC can contact the seller if you are being audited.

user profile
Seller_gIYJU8yUPdsJn

Another issue with VCS is that it requires you to waive the sales thresholds for VAT on sales into Germany and France. So, if you sign up you are liable for VAT on all sales into France and Germany instantly. Of course if you already have PAN EU and have signed up this won’t be an issue but they don’t make it clear that signing up will require you to waive the > €100,00 threshold in DE and €35,000 in FR.

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV

I’m a one man band pulling approximately 14 hours a day trying to juggle everything about.

I can’t afford to hire staff as sales and Amazon are down by over 50%.

I give customers a copy of the order sheet which according to my business adviser is sufficient for their book keeping.

Now I am being asked to keep copies of invoices and upload them because some customers can’t look after their paperwork.

This is a whole new headache for data protection and GDPR as my computer may not be sufficiently secure. Currently I do not hold personal data on my computer but I suppose I can draft something upload it then delete it.

user profile
Seller_r9IzAmeV4A9Pl

Hi,

No idea why we need to upload invoices, these are easily found by buyers under the " Orders " page. However Amazon are insisting on this. However as a Non VAT registered seller, Amazon’s system will not allow us to do this automatically as it insists in a VAT Number which of course we do not have .

84 replies
user profile

by Seller_r9IzAmeV4A9Pl

Hi,

84 replies
84 replies
84 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl

Business customers have to be provided with an invoice. This is irrespective of whether or not you are vat registered. And what is there already, is NOT an invoice. That’s why your being asked to do so.
No doubt at some point, they will change it, so that all customers must have an invoice.
So you can only upload one manually at this point. Though I’m sure there will be some software that will do it for you at a price.

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

There have been several threads on this topic since it was introduced and there is an easy workaround.

If you are not VAT registered you cannot use Amazon’s service, but several of us use
invoice-generator.com.

You need to change the currency to GBP and fill in details, download to your computer, then click ‘Upload Invoice’ button, browse and upload the invoice.
I usually put in the box that no VAT has been charged as not VAT registered (and as I sell books, they are zero rated for VAT anyway)

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV

I’m not VAT registered but I do send a copy of the order with the items as a receipt.

Legally I can’t do invoices as not registered but on the rare occasion a customer demands one I email it with VAT showing £0.00.

Strangely of all the platforms Amazon is my worst for sales and the only that requires the uploading of invoices.

If I were to start uploading invoices/receipts it would show business details that Amazon probably wouldn’t want the customers to know like my name, address, contacts and website.

user profile
Seller_r9IzAmeV4A9Pl

Thanks for the replies guys, I can produce PDF invoices by " printing " the order, but changing the output from a printer to a PDF file, and saving to file. But I cant enter a VAT number I dont have to use the automated service, all Amazon have to do is put in a " Non VAT registered " field , and then we could get this to work. Why we need to is a different debate, an invoice is sent with the goods and available on the " Orders " page for customers, this would be a 3rd invoice for the same order.

user profile
Seller_AVzpJ3Yioalo5

Not sure @JillyB1 about “You only need to upload if it is a business customer and they ask for it.” Had email today from AMZ “requesting” that I upload invoices for sales to business customers in January even though they had not requested. I agree invoice-generator.com works fine but does need some tweaking for each sale

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV

The wording not registered appears and the figure of £0.00 on Amazon receipts when requested.

Outside Amazon It is just VAT - £0.00. I’ve never had an issue on any other platform.

user profile
Seller_8xsCcWA5HvWHp

user profile
Seller_5Qk2OCkmLZ8H3

Creating an invoice from your order copy is easy, as the only difference between the two is that an invoice needs your business address to be included. the easy workaround is to put your business address in the footer of the page settings on your browser for printing then print it to pdf and the order will have your address printed at the bottom. Save the pdf to the customers name or order number and upload the file to their order.

Any business can request an invoice and any person that sells irrespective of being a legitimate business entity or private seller have to produce one on demand. All it proves is that the purchase is legitimate and that HMRC can contact the seller if you are being audited.

user profile
Seller_gIYJU8yUPdsJn

Another issue with VCS is that it requires you to waive the sales thresholds for VAT on sales into Germany and France. So, if you sign up you are liable for VAT on all sales into France and Germany instantly. Of course if you already have PAN EU and have signed up this won’t be an issue but they don’t make it clear that signing up will require you to waive the > €100,00 threshold in DE and €35,000 in FR.

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV

I’m a one man band pulling approximately 14 hours a day trying to juggle everything about.

I give customers a copy of the order sheet which according to my business adviser is sufficient for their book keeping.

Now I am being asked to keep copies of invoices and upload them because some customers can’t look after their paperwork.

This is a whole new headache for data protection and GDPR as my computer may not be sufficiently secure. Currently I do not hold personal data on my computer but I suppose I can draft something upload it then delete it.

user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl

user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

invoice-generator.com.

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

invoice-generator.com.

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV

user profile
Seller_r9IzAmeV4A9Pl

user profile
Seller_r9IzAmeV4A9Pl

user profile
Seller_AVzpJ3Yioalo5

user profile
Seller_AVzpJ3Yioalo5

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV

user profile
Seller_8xsCcWA5HvWHp

user profile
Seller_8xsCcWA5HvWHp

user profile
Seller_5Qk2OCkmLZ8H3

user profile
Seller_5Qk2OCkmLZ8H3

user profile
Seller_gIYJU8yUPdsJn

user profile
Seller_gIYJU8yUPdsJn

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV

user profile
Seller_8XO2tpVvj0ZaV