user profile
Sign in
user profile

Small and Light FBA Fees Price Hikes

by Seller_4K2qdiWADHllq

I received an email from amazon with a lot of fee updates.

One noticeable change was:-

Small letters up to 80g - was £0.65, new fee is going be £0.86
Large Letter between 60g and 210g - was £1.00, new fee is going be £1.21.

Due to our purchase of stock increasing dramatically over the last year our prices has seen some good rises being passed onto our customers, but now amazon has increase some of their small and light fees over 20% increase, that means more rises of our prices being passed onto our customers.

We can’t keep rising prices of small and light items because we will be priced out of the market when it comes to buying online.

We can’t absorb the fees either because we would be working for nothing.
I know
Yes a 5% increase is understandable, but 20% increase is a bit much I think.

I know amazon can do what they want and charge what they want, what goes, goes. So have to just accept it. I’m just hoping this does not kill our sales.

Amazon 2023 price changes info: https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/G201411300

Tags: ASIN, Fees, Pricing
1.1K views
102 replies
102 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_amUAzjvL5uIzu
In reply to: Seller_4K2qdiWADHllq’s post

If thats correct its 29% increase on the small

user profile
Seller_ZQyopdiwkUHOZ

It’s even worse than it seems, because storage fees are also going up. If increasing prices causes less stock to shift then naturally that means higher use of storage so they charge us more in storage fees too.

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

Unfortunately it was inevitable - but for many sellers, the only other option is fbm

I would imagine though that RM will hike their prices similarly in April so all sellers will have to increase prices

Note that they have though finally increased the s&l cap from £9 to £10

user profile
Seller_lljyzgTxr5fgI

You probably won’t because (don’t forget) everybody else will be paying higher prices to buy goods too. It’s this ever increasing circle of inflation. It is inevitable that everybody (Amazon included) will increase rates because they have to maintain a certain level of return, as we all do.

With inflationary pressures there are really only three ways to go, you either increase prices, decrease the size of the product on offer but keep the price the same or absord the increases. A combination of all three seems to be a common theme these days?

user profile
Seller_POrEiTkyfOMz6

An unbelievable hike for the smallest items which is 95% of my catalogue. I will find it very hard to justify rising my prices by that much after so many other rises the last year due to higher purchasing costs.

Feel this could be the end of the road unless buyers are willing to pay the extra as I can’t absorb this.

user profile
Seller_tHi6zf8gbftSd

how do you remove items from S&L.

user profile
Seller_b5LDA3tnfaBEG

FBM will be going up also, we have all probably absorbed increasing costs for far to long, and now with everything going up absorbing costs can no longer happen, customers unfortunately will have to pay more for goods, even the cheap items. If you breakdown an item that is £2.99 with free postage etc etc (we no longer sell as cheap as that on Amazon) some of our items were priced at originally and still are on ebay, there is no way a profit is made, even if the item you are selling cost nothing, but price is king and it truly baffles me how do people do it?

user profile
Seller_DkNNcNg8XVPTT

I’m ditching my low profit S&L items. I sell hundreds a month across the variations of one item, but there seems to be a race to the bottom for sellers to have the lowest price, and after fees and the product, I’m only taking 21p - which is about half of what it costs from the wholesaler.

Last time there was an Amazon price increase I put my prices up but not enough to maintain the same meagre profit, and other sellers didn’t. I’m not sure if they hadn’t paid attention and let things churn on making a loss, or if they were happy with miniscule profits. I didn’t get the buy box, ever, and if they’re charging for storage sooner it’s not worth my time this time round.

user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

If everyone has the same costs to absorb, how does this price you out of the market if the market as a whole goes up?

user profile
Seller_DTufFoxJuMU0M

I find if I go to the actual bulk enroll form it gives me more detailed information on why a SKU isn’t eligible
https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/uno/interface/feeds

Go to original post