user profile
Sign in
user profile

Avalara stopping Amazon VAT Services Tax Agency

by Seller_JLsqaOw9gpZwj

Received an impersonal generic email from Avalara informing us that they will no longer be our tax agent from 1st Nov 2024. Avalara are effectively unsubscribing us. Can only assume that Avalara and Amazon are ceasing working together under VAT Services.

Nothing on Seller Central, talk about being left in no mans land. Has anyone else received this email entitled "Important Amazon VAT tax agent update"?

Any ideas on next steps for the likely 1000s of sellers effectively left in the lurch by Avalara?

Tags: Taxes
68 replies
68 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_pafroTaT1Uwh3
In reply to: Seller_JLsqaOw9gpZwj’s post

i've just received the same email. I have no idea what to do next, but just letting you know you are not alone.

user profile
Seller_pZwJy8XZgVCJj

Same here. I have received it yesterday evening. No notice from Amazon themselves.

Even if they find a replacement, sellers probably need to go through all that doc notarisation bs once again…

user profile
Seller_Vx8KyiEOW1rcH

I have received the same email this morning. Vat registered DE, FR, IT, ES, CZ and PL - so this is concerning.

user profile
Seller_aPJvmPpiiXKtU

Received the same email so watching with interest.

user profile
Seller_SBAE7tUL8GQ6n

Also got the same email, will watch this thread for update

user profile
Seller_7hW5xL5cuRy1B

Same email, I don't even think the notice period is sufficient, given all the POAs and notarisations that will likely be required again with a new provider.

user profile
Seller_ET2qz77iUdGKe

Same for us. Nothing from Amazon, Only the e-mail form Avalara.

user profile
Seller_DZTiKE6py7LDO

same problem in Germany for at least a few sellers also and no notice from amazon directly

user profile
Seller_JLsqaOw9gpZwj

Agreed the whole process will take months to transition over to a new provider. Also need to appoint local agents and pay for notaries etc. The time and costs are going to be off the scale. If anyone knows any AMZ admins suggest tagging them.

user profile
Seller_IludqAVBs1MgA

I just spoke with Avalara representative. Their partnership with Amazon is going to end, effective 1 November. So they are just letting know about it, if some would like to stick with them, they will make an offer. I assume Amazon will provide anoter solution for VAT services.

Go to original post