user profile
Sign in
user profile

Refunds on postage

by Seller_OUpYgolvKmwAO

Hi All - i am sure i am right but want to check…

When a customer returns an item (not faulty - but for example not needed) i usually refund the order (and the postage ffrom the original order) but not the return postage — is this correct?

I don’t usually return items to other sellers - but this week i did simply because they were not suitable - they were returned the day they arrived - and the seller has only refunded the product cost - when queried they said thats all they have to do?

I thought i read with distant selling regulations they have to refund the postage?

Thanks for your comments in advance

Richard

Tags: Returns
23 replies
23 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_x3BT9arv4ODzZ
In reply to: Seller_OUpYgolvKmwAO’s post

You are correct, the seller has a legal obligation to refund you the postage cost that you paid to receive the item, and you have an obligation to pay the return postage. The only exception is if you have paid extra for a speedier delivery, that then comes under a separate contract and is not refundable, this relates only the extra portion paid, not the whole of the carriage cost.

user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2

If the item is returned within the 14 days mandatory returns period, then the seller has to refund the product price + lowest shipping cost available,

On Amazon, there is a 30 days returns period so if a discretionary return is requested past 14 days, the seller doesn’t have to refund any part of the shipping cost.

But you said that you returned the items the day they arrived, so the seller should refund you the shipping cost as well.

user profile
Seller_Wqg5EgqxuOwDD

Actually it is you who has missed my point. From my 1st post I’ve explicitly exempted OP’s seller from my comments, although I’m aware others have not. The thrust of my point was at the confusion over Amazon policies (not basic law) that there can be for sellers. In these instances sellers should be given a chance before jumping to A-Z.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post