user profile
Sign in
user profile

Referral Fees Series. Part 3

by Spencer_Amazon

Hello Sellers,

Continuing the series on referral fees, this post will be about the Referral fees reimbursement policy, as previously mentioned by @Ezra_Amazon.

Effective January 13, 2023, the requirements and limitations below apply to the reimbursement of referral fees. This policy does not apply to other fee reimbursements.

Referral fee category descriptions are available in our fee category guidelines. Amazon reserves the right to determine the validity of referral fee disputes, including for products that are not explicitly described in the guidelines. Any reimbursement will be based on the referral fee rate effective at the date of the disputed transaction.

Before you submit your request

• Determine the referral fee amount you were charged on specific transactions using the Reports Repository. This report allows you to download transactions in bulk for a specific period. Check the Selling on Amazon fee schedule to determine if the amount that you were charged is in line with your product’s fee category.

• Use the fee category guidelines if you’re unsure of your product’s fee category. If you can’t find your product in these guidelines, identify the fee category that you believe your product belongs under and check the Selling on Amazon fee schedule for the rate of that fee category.

Submit your reimbursement request

If you have reviewed your referral fee amount in the Reports Repository and believe that it is inaccurate, contact Selling Partner Support and open a research request. To be eligible for a reimbursement, you must provide the following documentation:

• The date of the transaction or transactions

• The transaction or transactions for which you believe an incorrect referral fee was charged, and the referral fee amounts you were charged

• The referral fee amount that you believe is correct for each transaction, and your rationale

• The fee category guidelines that place your product in a different fee category. If the fee category guidelines don’t mention your product specifically, include which category you believe your product should belong under and your rationale for that placement. Disputes contrary to guidelines that are in effect at the time of the fee transaction will be declined.

• The Custom Unified Transaction report downloaded from Report Repository for the period in which the wrong referral fee was charged.

Limitations

For each fee charge, you may only file one claim. Additional claims for the same fee charge will be declined. We may request additional documentation to process your claim. Claims with insufficient documentation may be declined and closed. Once we have completed our investigation, we’ll notify you whether you are eligible for reimbursement.

If you disagree with the investigation’s conclusions, you can file an appeal by requesting in the same case that the case be transferred for a second, independent review. If the case has been resolved, reopen the case to request the appeal.

Stay tuned for Referral Fees Series. Part 4, How to Read a Referral Fee Preview Report by @Winston_Amazon.

Regards, Spencer

Tags: Fees, Pricing
1 reply
1 reply
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_uO041MVHNr3pA
In reply to: Spencer_Amazon’s post

hi, despite supplying a Report Repository and then asked to supply an excel ReimbursementTemplateEUTemplate -which was already pre-populated with its own fee charge calculations- I received notice back that the figure used for the percentage fee charge was incorrect- something I had discussed with SS earlier and told not to make any changes on the spread sheet.

I then spend another 9 hours going through all 800+ listings and submitting

Only to also be told that I should have done it in increments of 5 per submission- so Basically 160 case submissions????

I was also told that the fee figures of 15.3% I had been charged were correct-

Now I am at a total loss as to why, when I am approved to sell under grocery, have all my products listed under grocery and show a product tax code: A_FOOD_CAKEDECOR

With a grocery referral fee of 8.16% up to £10.00

I am then charge a much higher fee of 15.3% with a classification of Home and Kitchen – where incidentally there is no dropdown list to add my products to.

Now it would not be so bad, but I already have some products listed with fees at the lower rate. Yet since 29th August 2023 products suddenly started to be charged at the higher rate.

It makes little sense when I now can have several variations of the same product with different fee charges.

My products are all 100% edible and branded and I’m fully registered with the UK Environmental Health standards and UK legislation Authority

Why I should be charge at the higher rate for Home and Kitchen when all my products are listed in Grocery has me flummoxed

All my products are food and used to decorate toppers for - cakes and cupcakes and listed under the Department breakdown ‹ Grocery ‹ Food ‹ Baking Supplies ‹ Icing & Decorations< Decorations <Cake Toppers< Cupcake Toppers <Edible Printer Ink & Paper <Sprinkles

Your insight and help is appreciated

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post