Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Julia_Amzn

SAFE-T Claims 101: Am I eligible for a SAFE-T reimbursement?

Are you using the Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) program, Customer Service By Amazon (CSBA) program, or Amazon Prepaid Return Labels (APRL) for seller-fulfilled orders? Has

Amazon issued a refund to a Buyer on your behalf but there was an issue with the returned item? Was that refund issued within the last 60 days? Then you might be eligible to file a SAFE-T reimbursement claim!

As we have seen questions about SAFE-T claims in the Forums, we want to shed some light on: when you can file a SAFE-T claim, which scenarios are not eligible for SAFE-T and what to do if a SAFE-T claim is denied.

Examples of scenarios that are eligible for SAFE-T:

1. Issue with a returned product: A Buyer returns a damaged, incomplete or different product.

Note: When filing a claim, please upload photos of the returned item and the returned package with the return label clearly visible on the package.

2. Buyer received a replacement: The Buyer agreed to a replacement before Amazon issued the refund and you provided the replacement. Note: For such cases, the Buyer’s agreement to the replacement needs to be visible in Buyer-Seller-Messages and you must provide the tracking ID of the replacement shipment when filing a claim. Please note that we only consider claims for replacements that have been successfully delivered to the Buyer’s address.

3. Out of return window: The return was made outside of the return window. Note: There is an extended holiday return window for orders placed between November 1st to December 31st.

4. Buyer responsible for shipping costs: If the return shipping cost was refunded even though the Buyer was responsible for return shipping as per theReturn Reason codes for Prepaid Returns tables, you can file a SAFE-T claim to recover those costs. Note: There are several scenarios in which you must pay the cost of return shipping regardless of the return reason and are therefore not eligible for reimbursement of return shipping cost. This includes:

• Fashion items (see Free returns for fashion items).

• Items below 22.6 kg which are listed in the Seller Fulfilled Prime program (see Returns policy for Seller Fulfilled Prime).

• International returns (see Customer returns for international sales).

Examples of scenarios that are not eligible for SAFE-T:

1. Refund issued by the seller: Only refunds issued by Amazon are eligible for SAFE-T. If there is no Amazon-issued refund and the buyer returned an item in different condition, you may deduct (up to 100%) from the refund (please seepartial refund).

2. Orders falling under a different Amazon policy: You cannot file a SAFE-T claim for FBA orders or orders with AtoZ Guarantee claims or Chargeback claims.

3. Loss/damage in transit: Loss or damage caused by shipping carriers is not eligible for reimbursement from Amazon. Those claims must be filed directly with the carrier.

4. Return refused: If you have refused a return shipment, you are not eligible for SAFE-T.

What to do if a claim was denied:

Step 1: Understand why the claim was denied by going to the Manage SAFE-T Claims page and clicking View message on the respective claim. The message(s) from the investigator will highlight the denial reason and the corresponding policy.

Step 2: If your claim was denied even though it meets the eligibility requirements as per policy, you can appeal the decision within 7 calendar days by providing additional supporting evidence. To submit this evidence, simply reply on the claim and upload the relevant documents. Please note that you can only appeal a claim decision once and that we may stop responding to repeated appeal attempts.

Please make sure to review the respective SAFE-T policies for additional information:

SAFE-T reimbursements for APRL returns

SAFE-T reimbursements for CSBA orders

SAFE-T reimbursements for SFP orders

Any other open questions? If there are any other areas of SAFE-T claims that are still unclear to you, feel free to ask questions below.

Let us know if you find contributions like this helpful by giving a thumbs up 👍 or down 👎, or leaving a comment. 😊

11 replies
Tags:Refunds, Return shipment, SAFE-T
11 replies
user profile
Seller_Y74ztqYuPUvlI
In reply to: Julia_Amzn’s post

Hi @Julia_Amzn

I've got a case where a business order has been returned and I am unable to raise a Safe-T claim due to 'Seller needs to be debited to be eligible to file SAFE-T claim'

When I go to transaction view it's clear to see I've been debited for this return.

Is this something you've come across before and would have a solution for?

I currently have an open case with seller support which isn't giving me much success (ID 10115854862)

Thank you

user profile
Seller_ZQyopdiwkUHOZ

A point about the note in number 4.

The policy stating free returns are allowed for, e.g, fashion items only applies if the buyer actually follows policy.

If the Buyer opens a return, then returns a different item, or returns an item damaged such that it was not allowed to be returned under policy. then the returns fee SHOULD be charged to the buyer, as they are not following the free returns policy.

This point is IMPOSSIBLE to get the bot your post has nicknamed 'the investigator' to realise though, as the bot is programmed to recognise certain words or phrases and automatically reject the claim on that basis, whether it has anything to do with the Claim or appeal at all.

It's honestly amazing to me that no mega seller has sued Amazon for failure to adhere to their own returns policies, because that case would be shut as quickly as a valid Safe-T claim is rejected on here.

user profile
Sakura_Amazon_

Hello Sellers,

@Seller_Y74ztqYuPUvlI and @Seller_ZQyopdiwkUHOZ,

We're hosting an "Ask Amazon" event with the Safe_T team on September 10th.

You can find more details about the event here: Get answers about SAFE-T at a Managing Returns – SAFE-T Claims Ask Amazon Event on September 10, 2024!

We encourage you to participate and take this opportunity to ask questions regarding Safe-T processes and receive expert guidance.

Looking forward to your attendance.

Best regards,

Sakura

user profile
Seller_w1qDbGpig4kTw

HI @Julia_Amzn We are SFP and currently buy shipping labels through Amazon, we are thinking of moving to our own Evri account for SFP, would this in anyway affect us making a SAFE-T claim for this rule: • The tracking shows Delivered to the customer, but the customer claims that the item was not received.

Thanks

user profile
Seller_sg54Fq7GfBZzn

I am sorry but the Safe T system is not fit for purpose currently.

Here is Amazons guide and policy to tell you who is responsible for seller fulfilled prime returns costs

https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/G202188830

Can you explain to me then please, how when two customers who have lied to gain pre paid labels are allowed to get away with it ?

One opened a return request saying "item delivered late", so amazon gave them a label. When Amazon tell me it was delivered a day early.

But the Safe T team dont understand that some reasons as per Amazon policy are the buyers responsibility.

Can someone sort them out ? at this point return fraud is rampant

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Julia_Amzn

Are you using the Seller Fulfilled Prime (SFP) program, Customer Service By Amazon (CSBA) program, or Amazon Prepaid Return Labels (APRL) for seller-fulfilled orders? Has

Amazon issued a refund to a Buyer on your behalf but there was an issue with the returned item? Was that refund issued within the last 60 days? Then you might be eligible to file a SAFE-T reimbursement claim!

As we have seen questions about SAFE-T claims in the Forums, we want to shed some light on: when you can file a SAFE-T claim, which scenarios are not eligible for SAFE-T and what to do if a SAFE-T claim is denied.

1. Issue with a returned product: A Buyer returns a damaged, incomplete or different product.

Note: When filing a claim, please upload photos of the returned item and the returned package with the return label clearly visible on the package.

2. Buyer received a replacement: The Buyer agreed to a replacement before Amazon issued the refund and you provided the replacement. Note: For such cases, the Buyer’s agreement to the replacement needs to be visible in Buyer-Seller-Messages and you must provide the tracking ID of the replacement shipment when filing a claim. Please note that we only consider claims for replacements that have been successfully delivered to the Buyer’s address.

3. Out of return window: The return was made outside of the return window. Note: There is an extended holiday return window for orders placed between November 1st to December 31st.

4. Buyer responsible for shipping costs: If the return shipping cost was refunded even though the Buyer was responsible for return shipping as per theReturn Reason codes for Prepaid Returns tables, you can file a SAFE-T claim to recover those costs. Note: There are several scenarios in which you must pay the cost of return shipping regardless of the return reason and are therefore not eligible for reimbursement of return shipping cost. This includes:

• Items below 22.6 kg which are listed in the Seller Fulfilled Prime program (see Returns policy for Seller Fulfilled Prime).

1. Refund issued by the seller: Only refunds issued by Amazon are eligible for SAFE-T. If there is no Amazon-issued refund and the buyer returned an item in different condition, you may deduct (up to 100%) from the refund (please seepartial refund).

2. Orders falling under a different Amazon policy: You cannot file a SAFE-T claim for FBA orders or orders with AtoZ Guarantee claims or Chargeback claims.

3. Loss/damage in transit: Loss or damage caused by shipping carriers is not eligible for reimbursement from Amazon. Those claims must be filed directly with the carrier.

4. Return refused: If you have refused a return shipment, you are not eligible for SAFE-T.

Step 1: Understand why the claim was denied by going to the Manage SAFE-T Claims page and clicking View message on the respective claim. The message(s) from the investigator will highlight the denial reason and the corresponding policy.

Step 2: If your claim was denied even though it meets the eligibility requirements as per policy, you can appeal the decision within 7 calendar days by providing additional supporting evidence. To submit this evidence, simply reply on the claim and upload the relevant documents. Please note that you can only appeal a claim decision once and that we may stop responding to repeated appeal attempts.

Please make sure to review the respective SAFE-T policies for additional information:

Any other open questions? If there are any other areas of SAFE-T claims that are still unclear to you, feel free to ask questions below.

Let us know if you find contributions like this helpful by giving a thumbs up 👍 or down 👎, or leaving a comment. 😊

11 replies
user profile

by Julia_Amzn

11 replies
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Y74ztqYuPUvlI

Hi @Julia_Amzn

I've got a case where a business order has been returned and I am unable to raise a Safe-T claim due to 'Seller needs to be debited to be eligible to file SAFE-T claim'

When I go to transaction view it's clear to see I've been debited for this return.

I currently have an open case with seller support which isn't giving me much success (ID 10115854862)

Thank you

user profile
Seller_ZQyopdiwkUHOZ

The policy stating free returns are allowed for, e.g, fashion items only applies if the buyer actually follows policy.

If the Buyer opens a return, then returns a different item, or returns an item damaged such that it was not allowed to be returned under policy. then the returns fee SHOULD be charged to the buyer, as they are not following the free returns policy.

This point is IMPOSSIBLE to get the bot your post has nicknamed 'the investigator' to realise though, as the bot is programmed to recognise certain words or phrases and automatically reject the claim on that basis, whether it has anything to do with the Claim or appeal at all.

It's honestly amazing to me that no mega seller has sued Amazon for failure to adhere to their own returns policies, because that case would be shut as quickly as a valid Safe-T claim is rejected on here.

user profile
Sakura_Amazon_

Hello Sellers,

You can find more details about the event here: Get answers about SAFE-T at a Managing Returns – SAFE-T Claims Ask Amazon Event on September 10, 2024!

We encourage you to participate and take this opportunity to ask questions regarding Safe-T processes and receive expert guidance.

Best regards,

Sakura

user profile
Seller_w1qDbGpig4kTw

HI @Julia_Amzn We are SFP and currently buy shipping labels through Amazon, we are thinking of moving to our own Evri account for SFP, would this in anyway affect us making a SAFE-T claim for this rule: • The tracking shows Delivered to the customer, but the customer claims that the item was not received.

Thanks

user profile
Seller_sg54Fq7GfBZzn

Here is Amazons guide and policy to tell you who is responsible for seller fulfilled prime returns costs

Can you explain to me then please, how when two customers who have lied to gain pre paid labels are allowed to get away with it ?

One opened a return request saying "item delivered late", so amazon gave them a label. When Amazon tell me it was delivered a day early.

But the Safe T team dont understand that some reasons as per Amazon policy are the buyers responsibility.

user profile
Seller_Y74ztqYuPUvlI

Hi @Julia_Amzn

Thank you

user profile
Seller_Y74ztqYuPUvlI

Hi @Julia_Amzn

Thank you

user profile
Seller_ZQyopdiwkUHOZ

user profile
Seller_ZQyopdiwkUHOZ

user profile
Sakura_Amazon_

Hello Sellers,

Best regards,

Sakura

user profile
Sakura_Amazon_

Hello Sellers,

Best regards,

Sakura

user profile
Seller_w1qDbGpig4kTw

Thanks

user profile
Seller_w1qDbGpig4kTw

Thanks

user profile
Seller_sg54Fq7GfBZzn

user profile
Seller_sg54Fq7GfBZzn