user profile
Sign in
user profile

Trademark transfer and listings

by Seller_NRbSrvQsLSXts

Hi All

I currently sell a brand on Amazon owned by my Uncle. He has separate amazon account where the original listings were created but hasn't sold for last few years. He keeps the account open because we were worried the listings might disappear and wanted to have option to sell again. The brand is registered and my account is admin on the brand so I have access to a+ etc. He now wants to fully retire and sell me the brand/trademark. As he still pays £30 a month account fees.

1. I am worried if deletes his account the listings might disappear also. I assume they are stored in the brand registry so can someone assure me the listings will still be available and active on my account?

2. If I do buy the trademark do I tell brand registry about the change and move from admin to owner or is that not possible is admin the most I can be? If he deletes his account will the brand pass onto me in brand registry automatically or is there going to be some unforeseen issues?

Tags: Brand Registry
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_zDUw7ekrB6OEy
In reply to: Seller_NRbSrvQsLSXts’s post

Once a product is uploaded it is added to the Amazon catalogue so it will remain there.

The brand registry could be complicated but it is not something I have a lot of knowledge on.

Would you be buying the whole business or just the trademark?

user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

1. The listings won't disappear if you are already on them. No seller actually owns any of the listings and they are formed as part of the Amazon catalogue so you don't need to worry about this.

Since you have been given permission to update the brand this is there until it is revoked. You don't need to have an Amazon account to approve a brand on Amazon but Amazon do need proof that you can use the brand but it seems to me you already have this.

2. The trademark is separate so you would buy this or change the details with the trademark office. I cannot guarantee what Amazon systems will do if he deletes his account but you cannot actually delete an account from Amazon just merely deactivate it. I therefore cannot see the brand disappearing as the brand registry and an Amazon account are different things.

user profile
Seller_lcEFNe4t76lA1

I have recently undergone a very similar situation and all is good. I made sure that I was listed as the Brand rights owner and administrator in Amazon Brand Registry for all of the brands. I then removed the other party and all is good :-)

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post