user profile
Sign in
user profile

Transferring Seller Account to a New Company

by Seller_u8JUPykmmTWVR

Hi there
We’ve been selling on Amazon for around 8 years now, and we are starting a new company as we are looking to restructure. Does anyone know if it possible to transfer our Amazon account to the new company as we are considering winding down the existing company? I know that our seller account is registered with the company we are operating as now, but am hoping we can simply ask Amazon to transfer all the listings and history to the new company. Any help or advice will be much appreciated!
Thanks

Tags: Registration
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_jywA1FWc1pSCk
In reply to: Seller_u8JUPykmmTWVR’s post

No, the account is tied to the company to which it was opened under. If you start a new company with new name company number etc etc you will need to close down your current account and re open a new account.

I would also advise contacting Amazon to advise this is what your doing as per Amazon’s t&c just in case they link the 2 accounts

user profile
Seller_gYTgRdaeiyk4L

As far as I know transferring an existing account to another/ new account is not possible (sales records, feed-backs, messages etc.) and also not allowed. Technically it is not possible either. We had a similar issue back in 2015, where we would have wanted to transfer an old Amazon account to another account. But this wasn’t allowed. The only advise from Amazon technical team was to maintain both the accounts with permission from Amazon. Hope this helps.

user profile
Seller_LELulWBbVX5VF

As far as im aware its not permitted,
One of the main reasons i believe is to prevent accounts being sold which would happen all the time if details could just be moved to someone else or another company

user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2

Yes, it is possible to change the company or the account owner. Mine account ownership was changed, but it took me 3 long months of everyday e-mailing seller verification and my account was suspended during it.

user profile
Seller_NtainYGNJzxWJ

You can’t transfer ownership of your current account.

I would suggest making sure that you have ALL of your current listings in an Excel upload file, then when you close your current account and open a new one (new company), you can upload all of the listings to the new account.

Make sure Amazon know about the situation so at to prevent account linkage.

I would presume there would be some short term %age sales drop, but within a few months of asking every customer to leave feedback etc etc, you’ll be OK.

user profile
Seller_KBCvmRKLx6ft0

It might be possible, as long there is no change in beneficial owner (i.e. if the owners of the new company are exactly the same as owners of the existing company.)

Amazon don’t make it easy though and will need to be convinced that the company has not been sold.

Make sure you ask the verification team first about what details will be required, and be prepared for a temporary suspension whilst the verify everything.

user profile
Seller_u8JUPykmmTWVR

Thanks all, very helpful responses. So far the concencus seems to be that this is very difficult and would result in short term suspension whilst the account is re-verified. I did speak to Seller Support about this and though they obviously cannot offer any guarantees from the Verification team, they do suggest that the easiest thing to do is close the account and re-apply under new company name if you cannot continue trading under the same company. We are still in early stages of restructuring so possible that we will still cotninue as the same company, but thought it best to get advice from the seller community. Very much appreciate it!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post