user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Listing used books

Hi everyone,

I posted a while back regarding the new layout for adding a product.

Can I ask anyone who sells used books do you still fill out the condition description when adding products/listing? I've noticed now on the new layout there is no option to do this and you now have to click on edit listing to be able to do this. When you click edit listing it wont let you fill out condition description without having to fill out all the safety and compliance details.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Apologies if Its me being silly.

Thanks

Liam

12 replies
Tags:Add a product
12 replies
user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Liam,

Try Offer Condition Type and use the pull down and select an option

Yes, I know, it should say Offer Condition only but it's there

All Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

When you get to the listing page, you need to click on the 'All attributes' button on the left, and then you can fill in the box called 'Offer Condition Note' with the actual description of your book. It is under the 'Offer Condition Type' which has the usual conditions to choose from the dropdown. Well that's what I do !!

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Hi,

Thanks that’s brilliant just found it, really appreciate your help.

Do you still fill out such things has sale date/release date/Tax code? I always used to but not sure if it’s really needed. Always just assumed you needed to do it.

I can’t believe how many boxes there are now when listing books, it’s over complicated and I’d imagine it can be quite daunting to any first time sellers.

Thanks

Liam

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Liam,

I think the only attributes that are obligatory are those highlighted in red - quantity, price, Offering Condition Type and fulfilment channel

Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Hi Brian,

It sounds about right does that. Thanks for all your help.

Have a good weekend

Liam

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi

I do the same Jilly, although I don't know what difference it makes, I still get the odd person who buys a booklet listed as acceptable with all the reasons for the condition highlighted and they ask for a return as it is not new. A bit off topic but I thought the closing fee for books was 50p am I mistaken or has it changed to a £1?

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

I’ve just had a look on my fees it’s £1 closing fee.

What app do you use for sourcing books? I was using scout IQ but had some technical issues with it so just switched to Scoutly today.

Liam

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Happy_Hare1,

If the total item cost is £4.99 or less, the Closing Fee is 50p. If the total price is £5 or more the Closing Fee is £1

Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

Yes, it is the total price, including the postage, so depending on if you use the default shipping of £2.80, or set your own, you need to remember that, so it jumps up to £1 if your book is priced at £2,20 or more !

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi

Thank you for that Brian, I don't sell anything that comes in below £5 so I guess the closing fee is always going to be £1

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi

Yes, although I could set my own postage I use the default postage which is not always £2.80 probably due to the number of incorrect categories books and knitting patterns are in.

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Listing used books

Hi everyone,

Can I ask anyone who sells used books do you still fill out the condition description when adding products/listing? I've noticed now on the new layout there is no option to do this and you now have to click on edit listing to be able to do this. When you click edit listing it wont let you fill out condition description without having to fill out all the safety and compliance details.

Thanks

Liam

12 replies
user profile

Listing used books

by Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Liam

12 replies
12 replies
12 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Liam,

All Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

When you get to the listing page, you need to click on the 'All attributes' button on the left, and then you can fill in the box called 'Offer Condition Note' with the actual description of your book. It is under the 'Offer Condition Type' which has the usual conditions to choose from the dropdown. Well that's what I do !!

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Hi,

Do you still fill out such things has sale date/release date/Tax code? I always used to but not sure if it’s really needed. Always just assumed you needed to do it.

I can’t believe how many boxes there are now when listing books, it’s over complicated and I’d imagine it can be quite daunting to any first time sellers.

Thanks

Liam

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Liam,

I think the only attributes that are obligatory are those highlighted in red - quantity, price, Offering Condition Type and fulfilment channel

Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Hi Brian,

Have a good weekend

Liam

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi

I do the same Jilly, although I don't know what difference it makes, I still get the odd person who buys a booklet listed as acceptable with all the reasons for the condition highlighted and they ask for a return as it is not new. A bit off topic but I thought the closing fee for books was 50p am I mistaken or has it changed to a £1?

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

What app do you use for sourcing books? I was using scout IQ but had some technical issues with it so just switched to Scoutly today.

Liam

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Happy_Hare1,

If the total item cost is £4.99 or less, the Closing Fee is 50p. If the total price is £5 or more the Closing Fee is £1

Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

Yes, it is the total price, including the postage, so depending on if you use the default shipping of £2.80, or set your own, you need to remember that, so it jumps up to £1 if your book is priced at £2,20 or more !

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi

Thank you for that Brian, I don't sell anything that comes in below £5 so I guess the closing fee is always going to be £1

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi

Yes, although I could set my own postage I use the default postage which is not always £2.80 probably due to the number of incorrect categories books and knitting patterns are in.

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Liam,

All Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Liam,

All Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Hi,

Thanks

Liam

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Hi,

Thanks

Liam

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Liam,

Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Liam,

Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Hi Brian,

Have a good weekend

Liam

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Hi Brian,

Have a good weekend

Liam

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Liam

user profile
Seller_vijjPUI46bUSN

Liam

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Happy_Hare1,

Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_19xPhE8YgkmxW

Hi Happy_Hare1,

Best

Brian

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi

user profile
Seller_HMxMRdomHkjHi