Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb

Will our frozen funds be released once the payment is completed?

Dear Amazon,

We would like to know about the Final Tax Liability Assessment you sent us, will our frozen funds be released after payment is completed?

In other words, the historical VAT tax owed is calculated as of May 27 this year (as you can see in the screenshot below), totaling £265,818.93,

img

if we pay this fee, will Amazon trace back the VAT we owe from June to now and continue to freeze our funds?

Case ID: 9963155032

We are much obliged for your assistance, hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and best regards,

Ellie

Addlink Technology Team

18 replies
Tags:Payments, Seller Central, Tax documents, Taxes, Transactions
18 replies
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

This is NOT the place to be asking this question - none of us here can tell you the answer - this is NOT Amazon itself you are speaking to, but just a forum of other sellers.

If you tag in some of the forum moderators then they MAY be able to transfer your query to the correct department, but not sure.

To tag mods you need to type @ in front of the name and then select from the dropdown - they all have either Amzn after their name or the Amazon logo.

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

I am staggered by the amount you supposedly owe.

Looking at your company stats, you sell on FBA only and last month sold less than 1000 items.

You only sell 6 products, approximate average sale price is £150. Your feedback rate is very low (9 feedbacks in the last 90 days).

How can you possibly owe £265818 since 27-May-24?

Also, you are VAT-registered so you should be paying the VAT to the UK taxman in any case.

user profile
Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb

Hi @Sakura_Amazon_

Could you please help to solve this problem?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks and best regards,

Addlink Technology Team

user profile
Seller_2AncqftqxwegN

1. Have you registered for VAT yet and advised Amazon of your VAT number?

2. Suggest you get a UK accountant to complete your VAT returns and then advise Amazon of the payments to be made.

3. HMRC may then issue fines for late filing and they may advise Amazon to hold your funds until they are completed.

4. Accountant may then need to update Companies House with corrected records but that's not an area in which I have any experience. Not sure if there are fines for that but there may well be.

5. Amazon may then be permitted to remit any remaining funds to you.

user profile
Seller_CNXMnZmfYYY3b

These are the kind of sellers who have been ripping off UK sellers for years, and ripping off the country as well. This was happening on a huge scale on Amazon. Money from the UK economy exiting the country like a black hole through Amazon no taxes paid. When you consider 60% of Ecom in the UK is Amazon the vast amounts of money stolen from the UK coffer is staggering. I personally have no sympathy whats so ever.

All your UK competitors who have been paying tax have been easily undercut. In order to rectify the situation you have to pay this amount, and HMRC fines. If you do that Amazon will unfreeze your funds.

user profile
Sarah_Amzn

Hello @Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb,

I'm Sarah with Amazon.

I checked with the partner team, and they informed me that the answers to your questions are provided in the Performance Notification you received on July 15th. There you can find information regarding your VAT liability, payment instructions and the process for releasing the funds.

Kind regards,

Sarah.

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

Probably because the numbers don't make sense. Of course, if they owe it, they should pay but something doesn't smell right.

It would be nice if they came back and confirmed what happened in the end. But I doubt it somehow.

user profile
Seller_idCSjD35wINVo
I cant believe you got 3 downvotes for saying they owe it to the country?!?!
View post
There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb

Dear Amazon,

We would like to know about the Final Tax Liability Assessment you sent us, will our frozen funds be released after payment is completed?

In other words, the historical VAT tax owed is calculated as of May 27 this year (as you can see in the screenshot below), totaling £265,818.93,

img

if we pay this fee, will Amazon trace back the VAT we owe from June to now and continue to freeze our funds?

Thanks and best regards,

Ellie

Addlink Technology Team

18 replies
user profile

by Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb

Dear Amazon,

img

Thanks and best regards,

Ellie

Addlink Technology Team

18 replies
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

This is NOT the place to be asking this question - none of us here can tell you the answer - this is NOT Amazon itself you are speaking to, but just a forum of other sellers.

If you tag in some of the forum moderators then they MAY be able to transfer your query to the correct department, but not sure.

To tag mods you need to type @ in front of the name and then select from the dropdown - they all have either Amzn after their name or the Amazon logo.

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

Looking at your company stats, you sell on FBA only and last month sold less than 1000 items.

You only sell 6 products, approximate average sale price is £150. Your feedback rate is very low (9 feedbacks in the last 90 days).

Also, you are VAT-registered so you should be paying the VAT to the UK taxman in any case.

user profile
Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb

Hi @Sakura_Amazon_

Thanks and best regards,

Addlink Technology Team

user profile
Seller_2AncqftqxwegN

2. Suggest you get a UK accountant to complete your VAT returns and then advise Amazon of the payments to be made.

3. HMRC may then issue fines for late filing and they may advise Amazon to hold your funds until they are completed.

4. Accountant may then need to update Companies House with corrected records but that's not an area in which I have any experience. Not sure if there are fines for that but there may well be.

user profile
Seller_CNXMnZmfYYY3b

These are the kind of sellers who have been ripping off UK sellers for years, and ripping off the country as well. This was happening on a huge scale on Amazon. Money from the UK economy exiting the country like a black hole through Amazon no taxes paid. When you consider 60% of Ecom in the UK is Amazon the vast amounts of money stolen from the UK coffer is staggering. I personally have no sympathy whats so ever.

All your UK competitors who have been paying tax have been easily undercut. In order to rectify the situation you have to pay this amount, and HMRC fines. If you do that Amazon will unfreeze your funds.

user profile
Sarah_Amzn

I'm Sarah with Amazon.

I checked with the partner team, and they informed me that the answers to your questions are provided in the Performance Notification you received on July 15th. There you can find information regarding your VAT liability, payment instructions and the process for releasing the funds.

Kind regards,

Sarah.

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

Probably because the numbers don't make sense. Of course, if they owe it, they should pay but something doesn't smell right.

It would be nice if they came back and confirmed what happened in the end. But I doubt it somehow.

user profile
Seller_idCSjD35wINVo
View post
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

user profile
Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb

Hi @Sakura_Amazon_

Thanks and best regards,

Addlink Technology Team

user profile
Seller_ZOX9XGpVRPRwb

Hi @Sakura_Amazon_

Thanks and best regards,

Addlink Technology Team

user profile
Seller_2AncqftqxwegN

user profile
Seller_2AncqftqxwegN

user profile
Seller_CNXMnZmfYYY3b

user profile
Seller_CNXMnZmfYYY3b

user profile
Sarah_Amzn

I'm Sarah with Amazon.

Kind regards,

Sarah.

user profile
Sarah_Amzn

I'm Sarah with Amazon.

Kind regards,

Sarah.

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

user profile
Seller_idCSjD35wINVo
View post
user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

user profile
Seller_idCSjD35wINVo
View post