Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_3fHacxYyCxqbJ

Vicious Circle trying to list book for purchase

I am new to Seller and opened an Individual account. I want to sell one single item, my self-published book. I Add Product, put the book’s ISBN in the Category and fill in everything else required. It appears in My Inventory and I get an email saying it will be available for purchase in 15 minutes. But it never does. Seller helpdesk tells me my listing ’is not currently assigned to a product category, therefore is not searchable’. It tells me to complete the following steps. First go to Edit and select Product Identity and then fill in ‘Recommended Browse Nodes/Item Type Keyword’ BUT THERE IS NO PRODUCT ID to be found. Heldesk told me it is under Product Description… but when I click on that I get a message saying ‘Restricted Edit Permissions. As you are not the brand owner for this product…’ etc. It stops me filling out anything under Brand Description’, (It is my own self-published book but, when registered, Nielsen book registry automatically lists all books on Amazon.) Helpdesk then tell me, as an alternative, to ‘Toggle Advanced View’ BUT THERE IS NO ‘ADVANCED VIEW option to toggle. I am now on my 10th case with Help about this over two weeks and can’t get them to understand that it is not possible to carry out their instructions, despite sending screenshots to show I can’t fill out Product Details and there is no ‘Advanced View option. Please, please… can anyone else suggest anything and put me out of my misery?

13 replies
Tags:Add a product
13 replies
user profile
Seller_3fHacxYyCxqbJ

PS I have deleted my book listing and started again by putting in the ISBN in the category four times. Nothing changes.

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

As this is a self-published book, then I assume you are listing as NEW ?

If so, you cannot have an Individual seller account to sell new items, you MUST have an Amazon BUSINESS seller account, be registered with HMRC as self-employed (probably sole-trader) and have submitted your UTR to Amazon. My apologies if you have already done that.

If you actually mean individual selling PLAN (where you do not pay the £30 a month fee), or do you mean Individual Seller Account ?

user profile
Seller_1HdWgLPycDjSy

thanks for sharing important information

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_3fHacxYyCxqbJ

I am new to Seller and opened an Individual account. I want to sell one single item, my self-published book. I Add Product, put the book’s ISBN in the Category and fill in everything else required. It appears in My Inventory and I get an email saying it will be available for purchase in 15 minutes. But it never does. Seller helpdesk tells me my listing ’is not currently assigned to a product category, therefore is not searchable’. It tells me to complete the following steps. First go to Edit and select Product Identity and then fill in ‘Recommended Browse Nodes/Item Type Keyword’ BUT THERE IS NO PRODUCT ID to be found. Heldesk told me it is under Product Description… but when I click on that I get a message saying ‘Restricted Edit Permissions. As you are not the brand owner for this product…’ etc. It stops me filling out anything under Brand Description’, (It is my own self-published book but, when registered, Nielsen book registry automatically lists all books on Amazon.) Helpdesk then tell me, as an alternative, to ‘Toggle Advanced View’ BUT THERE IS NO ‘ADVANCED VIEW option to toggle. I am now on my 10th case with Help about this over two weeks and can’t get them to understand that it is not possible to carry out their instructions, despite sending screenshots to show I can’t fill out Product Details and there is no ‘Advanced View option. Please, please… can anyone else suggest anything and put me out of my misery?

13 replies
user profile

by Seller_3fHacxYyCxqbJ

13 replies
13 replies
13 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_3fHacxYyCxqbJ

PS I have deleted my book listing and started again by putting in the ISBN in the category four times. Nothing changes.

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

If so, you cannot have an Individual seller account to sell new items, you MUST have an Amazon BUSINESS seller account, be registered with HMRC as self-employed (probably sole-trader) and have submitted your UTR to Amazon. My apologies if you have already done that.

If you actually mean individual selling PLAN (where you do not pay the £30 a month fee), or do you mean Individual Seller Account ?

user profile
Seller_1HdWgLPycDjSy

user profile
Seller_3fHacxYyCxqbJ

user profile
Seller_3fHacxYyCxqbJ

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

user profile
Seller_1HdWgLPycDjSy

user profile
Seller_1HdWgLPycDjSy