user profile
Sign in
user profile

Urgent: Our account Funds & Inventory were Hold by Amazon didn't Send the Unpaid VAT Amount

by Seller_0YHPsiul2hvvf

Hello,

My seller account received "confirm whether you are established in the UK for Value Added Tax (VAT) purposes" on 23th May.

Then, Amazon have concluded that my business is not established in the UK for Value Added Tax (VAT) purposes on 18th June.

After 18th June, Amazon still not send me the unpaid VAT amount, and all my funds & inventory were hold by Amazon.

I have send few emails to kyc-drtax-verification@amazon.co.uk / mdri-exec-escalations@amazon.co.uk, never receive a reply from them.

I want to know how long will amazon send the unpaid vat amount as I will pay it. Amazon never rule it's promise timeline.

Cash flow is too important to a small company.

Looking for help !!!

Tags: Seller Support
13 replies
13 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid
In reply to: Seller_0YHPsiul2hvvf’s post

If you are not established in UK (ie. you do not live in UK but store your goods here in UK for FBA) then you MUST be VAT registered in UK.

user profile
Seller_RlZVPg3d6ZUGP
In reply to: Seller_0YHPsiul2hvvf’s post

I would assume that Amazon are going to pay it for you hence why they have withheld it. You will also owe VAT for as long as you have been selling/doing fba on all your sales

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post