Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_N0kQDKMgwda6y

No OTP code being sent

Has anyone else had this problem. I went to log in as normal on Friday, but did not get an OTP code. Not by text, or voice, or to my back up phone, my land line. Just about the only people you can contact without being logged in is the password recovery team, so I did that, got a link to change my password, did that, still no OTP. There is one way in to seller support without being logged in, but they just dismissed my question, gave me a password change link again and closed the case. It took another three goes, finally resorting to shouty capital letters, before someone came back and told me I needed to use an authenticator app. As I only had an I phone 4, this actually meant going out and buying a more modern phone that could handle apps. I finally got into my account after countless emails, failed log ins and a lot of shouting at the screen. I still have no idea if I will be able to get back in once i have logged out, so I have put everything on holiday settings.
So, has anyone else had an OTP problem ?

10 replies
Tags:Lost shipment
10 replies
user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S

I’m assuming that as soon as you were logged in, you checked your verification settings to make sure your phone number hadn’t been changed.

user profile
Seller_x1xMSBwZsJrTE

Yes, I got locked out of my account for two weeks at the start of this year. I was still getting codes to my phone without any issues on my Amazon.com account so this was obviously a glitch on Amazon.co.uk

I tried their account recovery process but they kept rejecting the document I uploaded. In the end had to put big red arrows all over it pointing to the info they were asking for.

I had to email the MD several times as that seemed to be only way to contact Amazon but his team were no help whatsoever.

In the end I solved the problem myself by downloading a browser add on called ‘Authenticator’ which generates an OTP code. I use Firefox but it might be available for Chrome as well.

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_N0kQDKMgwda6y

No OTP code being sent

Has anyone else had this problem. I went to log in as normal on Friday, but did not get an OTP code. Not by text, or voice, or to my back up phone, my land line. Just about the only people you can contact without being logged in is the password recovery team, so I did that, got a link to change my password, did that, still no OTP. There is one way in to seller support without being logged in, but they just dismissed my question, gave me a password change link again and closed the case. It took another three goes, finally resorting to shouty capital letters, before someone came back and told me I needed to use an authenticator app. As I only had an I phone 4, this actually meant going out and buying a more modern phone that could handle apps. I finally got into my account after countless emails, failed log ins and a lot of shouting at the screen. I still have no idea if I will be able to get back in once i have logged out, so I have put everything on holiday settings.

10 replies
user profile

No OTP code being sent

by Seller_N0kQDKMgwda6y

10 replies
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S

I’m assuming that as soon as you were logged in, you checked your verification settings to make sure your phone number hadn’t been changed.

user profile
Seller_x1xMSBwZsJrTE

Yes, I got locked out of my account for two weeks at the start of this year. I was still getting codes to my phone without any issues on my Amazon.com account so this was obviously a glitch on Amazon.co.uk

I tried their account recovery process but they kept rejecting the document I uploaded. In the end had to put big red arrows all over it pointing to the info they were asking for.

I had to email the MD several times as that seemed to be only way to contact Amazon but his team were no help whatsoever.

In the end I solved the problem myself by downloading a browser add on called ‘Authenticator’ which generates an OTP code. I use Firefox but it might be available for Chrome as well.

user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S

user profile
Seller_f5cnodyVjLD4S

user profile
Seller_x1xMSBwZsJrTE

user profile
Seller_x1xMSBwZsJrTE