Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_GCGRJUSy9SvzD

Customer is requesting QR code to return the item - how do I do that?

Customer made accidental order. I have authorised the return and asked amazon to provide a label. Customer has called Amazon to request QR code to return the item. I have no idea how to do this, does anyone know how or if we can. We are seller fulfilled.

3 replies
Tags:Returns
3 replies
user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

As it is an accidental order the customer is responsible for the cost of the return postage, so they simply need to package it and attach the label that Amazon will have provided, and take it to a PO, or purchase shipping online from RM, and that will have a QR code on it.

user profile
Seller_EOmLRMFX8Oo9x

Its a service if the customer doesnt have a printer, the QR code they can choose from their Amazon account returns label on their phone, they take this to their post office and they print the label if they offer this service

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/amazon-returns

I had to make a return a few weeks ago and as far as I can remember the QR code was an option I could use when the returns label was sent but not 100% sure. I didn’t ask for it but used it and worked very easy and simply

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

Hi

If you have issued a prepaid return label you will know this when you authorised the return there are two options select prepaid or none prepaid.

Incidental order returns are paid by the buyer.

Below is a guide

a. If the return reason is “seller-responsible”, then the return is free. Label cost cannot be deducted.

b. If the return reason is “buyer-responsible”, then the label cost can be deducted.

Sl. No.Return ReasonResponsibility
1Accidental orderBuyer
2Better price availableBuyer
3The delivery box or envelope isn’t damaged, but the item is damagedSeller
4Missed the estimated delivery dateSeller
5Missing parts or accessoriesSeller
6The shipping box or envelope and item are both damagedSeller
7Wrong item sentSeller
8Defective or does not work properlySeller
9Arrived in addition to what was orderedSeller
10No longer needed or wantedBuyer
11Unauthorised purchaseSeller
12Description on the website was not accurateSeller
13Damaged during deliverySeller
14Performance or quality not adequateBuyer
15Incompatible or not useful for the intended purposeBuyer
16Damaged due to inappropriate packagingSeller
17Part not compatible with the existing systemBuyer
18Excessive installation or did not installBuyer

In most circumstances, customers will use the return shipping method provided by Amazon. However, as an exception, some customers may need to use a different return shipping service. Amazon Customer Service has full rights to refund the customer the price of the label. As a requirement of this programme, sellers must accept such charges. Such label charges are not reimbursable.

Returnless refunds

Sometimes the customer may be refunded by Amazon but the seller does not get the product back. There may be different reasons why:

1. The tracking shows that the item was delivered, and no return request exists, yet the customer has been refunded. This may be because the customer never received the product. In this case, sellers may claim reimbursement from Amazon. For more details on the policy or process, please see Seller reimbursements for Seller Fulfilled Prime.

2. The tracking does not show that the item was delivered. The Promised Delivery Date has passed and the customer has been refunded. This may be because the package was lost or misplaced in transit by the carrier. In this case, sellers should contact the carrier for reimbursement.

3. The tracking shows that the item was delivered, and a return request exists for the order. Look at the tracking ID for return (available in Manage Your Returns page for the order). If the customer has returned the product but it has not reached the seller, then it may be because the package was lost or misplaced in transit by the carrier. In this case, sellers should contact the carrier for reimbursement.

4. Some products (such as hygiene products, grocery or food items, etc.) are non-returnable by law. Those products are not eligible for return, and Amazon customer service may refund the customer without a return. Such orders are not reimbursable.

Sellers must not, under any circumstances, contact the customer to get the product back in the case of a valid return request. Depending on the situation described above, they may claim reimbursement from Amazon or the carrier.

Damaged returns

If the returned product is damaged, then the seller must establish whether this is carrier damage (e.g. damage to packaging, transportation induced damage) or customer damage (e.g. damage to internal parts).

1. Carrier damage : Any such damage must be reported to the carrier and reimbursement claimed directly from the carrier.

2. Customer damage : For customer-damaged returns, the seller can deduct up to a maximum of 50% of the product price from the refund to the customer. If the refund is provided to the customer by Amazon Customer Service, then sellers may contact Amazon Seller Support for a possible reimbursement. Sellers may be asked to provide evidence (photo or video) of the customer damage to Amazon. For more details, see Seller reimbursements for Seller Fulfilled Prime.

Sellers must not, under any circumstances, contact the customer on issues related to damage to the product. Depending on the situation described above, they may claim reimbursement from Amazon or the carrier.

Returns authorised out of standard policy

Amazon Customer Service will provide, and have sole discretion in determining, all post-order customer service to Prime items including customer returns, refunds and adjustments to Seller Fulfilled Prime items (such as returnless refunds, partial or full refunds, change of fees charged by sellers, changes to the shipping speed and shipping price for an order, refunds of the shipping charge, cancellation of an order or returns including a refund outside the stated return window).

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_GCGRJUSy9SvzD

Customer made accidental order. I have authorised the return and asked amazon to provide a label. Customer has called Amazon to request QR code to return the item. I have no idea how to do this, does anyone know how or if we can. We are seller fulfilled.

3 replies
user profile

by Seller_GCGRJUSy9SvzD

3 replies
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

As it is an accidental order the customer is responsible for the cost of the return postage, so they simply need to package it and attach the label that Amazon will have provided, and take it to a PO, or purchase shipping online from RM, and that will have a QR code on it.

user profile
Seller_EOmLRMFX8Oo9x

Its a service if the customer doesnt have a printer, the QR code they can choose from their Amazon account returns label on their phone, they take this to their post office and they print the label if they offer this service

I had to make a return a few weeks ago and as far as I can remember the QR code was an option I could use when the returns label was sent but not 100% sure. I didn’t ask for it but used it and worked very easy and simply

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

Hi

If you have issued a prepaid return label you will know this when you authorised the return there are two options select prepaid or none prepaid.

Below is a guide

a. If the return reason is “seller-responsible”, then the return is free. Label cost cannot be deducted.

b. If the return reason is “buyer-responsible”, then the label cost can be deducted.

1Accidental orderBuyer
7Wrong item sentSeller

In most circumstances, customers will use the return shipping method provided by Amazon. However, as an exception, some customers may need to use a different return shipping service. Amazon Customer Service has full rights to refund the customer the price of the label. As a requirement of this programme, sellers must accept such charges. Such label charges are not reimbursable.

Returnless refunds

Sometimes the customer may be refunded by Amazon but the seller does not get the product back. There may be different reasons why:

1. The tracking shows that the item was delivered, and no return request exists, yet the customer has been refunded. This may be because the customer never received the product. In this case, sellers may claim reimbursement from Amazon. For more details on the policy or process, please see Seller reimbursements for Seller Fulfilled Prime.

2. The tracking does not show that the item was delivered. The Promised Delivery Date has passed and the customer has been refunded. This may be because the package was lost or misplaced in transit by the carrier. In this case, sellers should contact the carrier for reimbursement.

3. The tracking shows that the item was delivered, and a return request exists for the order. Look at the tracking ID for return (available in Manage Your Returns page for the order). If the customer has returned the product but it has not reached the seller, then it may be because the package was lost or misplaced in transit by the carrier. In this case, sellers should contact the carrier for reimbursement.

4. Some products (such as hygiene products, grocery or food items, etc.) are non-returnable by law. Those products are not eligible for return, and Amazon customer service may refund the customer without a return. Such orders are not reimbursable.

Sellers must not, under any circumstances, contact the customer to get the product back in the case of a valid return request. Depending on the situation described above, they may claim reimbursement from Amazon or the carrier.

Damaged returns

If the returned product is damaged, then the seller must establish whether this is carrier damage (e.g. damage to packaging, transportation induced damage) or customer damage (e.g. damage to internal parts).

1. Carrier damage : Any such damage must be reported to the carrier and reimbursement claimed directly from the carrier.

2. Customer damage : For customer-damaged returns, the seller can deduct up to a maximum of 50% of the product price from the refund to the customer. If the refund is provided to the customer by Amazon Customer Service, then sellers may contact Amazon Seller Support for a possible reimbursement. Sellers may be asked to provide evidence (photo or video) of the customer damage to Amazon. For more details, see Seller reimbursements for Seller Fulfilled Prime.

Sellers must not, under any circumstances, contact the customer on issues related to damage to the product. Depending on the situation described above, they may claim reimbursement from Amazon or the carrier.

Amazon Customer Service will provide, and have sole discretion in determining, all post-order customer service to Prime items including customer returns, refunds and adjustments to Seller Fulfilled Prime items (such as returnless refunds, partial or full refunds, change of fees charged by sellers, changes to the shipping speed and shipping price for an order, refunds of the shipping charge, cancellation of an order or returns including a refund outside the stated return window).

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

user profile
Seller_EOmLRMFX8Oo9x

user profile
Seller_EOmLRMFX8Oo9x

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

Hi

Below is a guide

1Accidental orderBuyer
7Wrong item sentSeller

Returnless refunds

Damaged returns

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

Hi

Below is a guide

1Accidental orderBuyer
7Wrong item sentSeller

Returnless refunds

Damaged returns