user profile
Sign in
user profile

Offer free shipping to be considered as a featured offer

by News_Amazon

Customers love free shipping and are more likely to choose products with free shipping than those that require additional shipping costs. Offering free shipping typically leads up to 12.4% sales uplift and can increase the chances of becoming the Featured Offer.

If you’re unsure where to start, choose products with higher prices that are an easier starting point where the shipping costs make up a smaller share of the total price and pricing calculations are simpler. You can also change your products to a free shipping template for a few weeks and test the results.

• How to sign up for free shipping There is no sign-up involved. To offer free shipping on your products, go to Shipping settings and set your delivery rates to €0.00.
  • Figure out your average shipping cost. What percentage of your sales are going to each region of the country? Check your carriers delivery rates and the average size of your orders (units per order) for each of these regions to calculate your average cost “per unit”.
  • Not sure? Test with some of your selection. You must assign your SKUs to separate shipping templates.
  • Low risk: If the test doesn’t work as expected, you can reset your shipping settings.
Note: Average based on a 2020 Study of sales uplift of Free Shipping offers compared to identical offers with paid shipping but the same total landed price (item price + shipping fee). The study included United Kingdom/Germany/France/Italy/Spain stores. Specific ASIN uplift may vary.

Here is the link to Shipping settings

Tags: News and announcements
9 replies
9 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_LWAS1xJLynjmu
In reply to: News_Amazon’s post

Will sellers who offer free shipping still have to pay Amazon for shipping in cases where the end customer subscribes to Amazon Prime?

user profile
Seller_77IcbQKVGdZo0

If a seller does not have free shipping then it shows the price on the search page as the price exclusive of the shipping cost. The shipping cost is shown but underneath the delivery time. When customers are comparing products that product may look more attractive as they may miss the shipping price.

For example I have just had a look and there is a seller selling a new card for 1 pence plus £9.99 shipping. The are the only seller and still have the featured offer.

If I was to sell a card for £10 with free shipping I probably get a high price violation

user profile
Seller_1jPoiSxu3EqPm

But you also have to be at least 25% lower than the “sold by/dispatches from Amazon price” before you have any chance of being the featured offer, even if Amazon are showing as “currently unavailable”
Fair market policy etc…

user profile
Seller_vIpv9uvBH6CFY

I love how they keep raising various, un-necessary expenses and then wonder why nobody offers ‘free shipping’ on amazon anymore.

It’s because the products are already significantly more expensive than elsewhere due to amazon’s very unique compliance costs (labour costs for constant maintenance of bot-attacked listings,very high returns costs due to amazon’s special return system, amazon’s unique theft costs which actively encourage and enable excessive scam rates, upgrading letter to large letter for amazon’s special VTR purposes, increasing fees, and more).

Most products, at this point, have a whole lot of unique amazon pork added to their pricing, and new pork is added constantly with ever increasing new compliance costs. Sellers can only add so much pork to the list price of an item, before it starts looking ridiculous. So it’s now just being added to shipping costs instead.

It’s almost like all these amazon-only compliance expenses, which are comparable to no other selling site, prevent sellers from offering low prices or free shipping on Amazon.

I think my amazon prices are up by 15% in amazon pork at this point, and my next price rise (for whatever novel and creative new expense they come up with next) will have to be added to shipping. I’ve held out as long as I can, but there’s so much pork in the list price already that I’ll have nowhere else to put it besides a shipping charge.

I’ve always offered free shipping on all my channels, but on amazon that will probably be changing with the next new compliance expense, which won’t be long at the rate they keep creating them!

user profile
Seller_Gq0aGvAqLaCsZ

This makes customers pay more

If a customer buys 5 items from us they pay a combined shipping cost based on the total value
with “free” postage’ If a customer buys 5 things, they pay 5 lots of “free” postage

user profile
Seller_tRuvBEHDedp4q

I like how that survey was carried out in 2020 at the height of the pandemic.

If customers love free shipping so much then why is it on every other website I order from there is always a minimum spend before you get free standard shipping and then a premium to get expedited shipping?

Have all the other websites just ignored this 2020 survey? Or do they realise ‘free’ shipping is never actually free as price has been included in the item cost so it is actually false advertising. Even the survey makes it clear customers prefer an inclusive shipping price which is NOT the same as free shipping

If customer has paid same landing price then the shipping was not actually free!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post