user profile
Sign in
user profile

New safety requirements for high-risk food supplements

by News_Amazon

Customer safety has always been Amazon’s priority. Products that are sold on Amazon must comply with EU and local laws, as well as Amazon policies applicable to those products and product listings. For certain products and categories, Amazon requests selling partners to submit safety and compliance documentation before the products are listed.

By the end of September 2021, Amazon will begin requesting safety and compliance documents from all vendors and selling partners of food supplements that are determined to be high risk from a customer safety perspective.

From food supplements that are marketed as sexual enhancers or those intended to support weight loss, Amazon will require selling partners to submit documentary evidence that those supplements have been manufactured safely and show that pre-market notification for them has been submitted to local authorities wherever required [Spain, Italy and France]. For details on how the requirements differ from country to country, go to Requirements for selling Food Supplements in the EU and in the UK.

Following a 60-day grace period, starting November 2021, the product listings are subject to removal if Amazon does not receive the requested documentation.

Although not all sellers of food supplements are required to submit documentation at this time, they must still ensure that they are compliant with Amazon’s food and food supplements policies.

Sellers can view their compliance status and upload documentation for all identified product listings in Vendor Central and Seller Central.

For details on how to comply with the new requirements, go to Requirements for selling Food Supplements in the EU and in the UK.

Tags: News and announcements
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_x1xMSBwZsJrTE
In reply to: News_Amazon’s post

That has to be a joke… right?

Making money has always been Amazon’s priority and I can’t ever see that changing.

user profile
Seller_lx80i5sEkq4UI

I applaud Amazon for its continued drive to ensure all products are legitimate and wholesome. Bravo. Getting rid of half of the snake oil supplements should free up some racking space in the fulfilment centres.

user profile
Seller_wiSHDzvEtEccS

This is a good move to check HACCP certification for food supplement products - it will help to remove lots of garage-made capsules and tablets off Amazon. My assumption is at least half of supplement listings will be removed. Better for companies like ours, who are going extra mile to ensure the safety and purity of their products, which often comes with hefty bills for certification, analysis etc. and then we’re undercut by garage-based “manufacturer” with unsafe or faked but cheap products.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post