user profile
Sign in
user profile

EU Compliance - CE Mark

by Seller_WgI9ZUzNXNmfp

Hello Sellers,

Can you guys please advice me on an issue i am currently facing with Amazon. I have recently purchased some UK travel adapter from a British Manufacturer with over 35 years experience in the business (a very reputable company). I have had this listing removed by amazon due to EU compliance legislation.

I provided as requested, a Certificate of Conformity and a BS Test Report and I have just received an email saying the product is not EU Compliant.

The reason Amazon have given me is the presence of CE mark on the plug adapter. I would assume that should be a good thing???

Any insight on this will be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Tags: Compliance, Listings
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_WgI9ZUzNXNmfp
In reply to: Seller_WgI9ZUzNXNmfp’s post

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

We have checked all the provided documentation and concluded that the product does not comply with the relevant European legislation.

In case you need a regulatory advice, we recommend you to contact manufacturer, importer or a certification institute.

Non-compliances discovered include:

• Presence of CE mark on the product.

Awaiting your reply,

Have a great day!

Thank you for selling with Amazon.

user profile
Seller_WgI9ZUzNXNmfp

Thank you PeterB and Tracey for your replies. The issue is actually the opposite. It does have the CE mark and was clearly visible in the pictures i sent to Amazon. They are saying it shouldn’t have the CE mark

user profile
Seller_WgI9ZUzNXNmfp

Hello BarryM thank you for your input. It is a single input single output adapter. it does not convert voltage or have a switch

The standards on the Declaration of Conformity is BS 8546:2016

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post