Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_Ih3s6ShVI4r7J

Suggestion: Delivery Date Policy & Deferred Transactions - DD+7

As many of you may be aware, Amazon has introduced a new Delivery Date Policy, which holds payments for DD+7 days. While this applies to all accounts, I believe this blanket approach is unfair.

Amazon should implement this policy on an account-by-account basis, considering individual account performance. For well-performing accounts with a solid track record, payments shouldn't be delayed by DD+7.

I encourage everyone to leave feedback on the Payments page, urging Amazon to reconsider this policy and apply it more fairly based on account performance. Of course, I doubt they will listen to us, but at least we can try.

You may write: "You should consider deferring transactions selectively based on the account's performance and history, rather than applying it to all seller accounts universally. We have been selling on Amazon for a long time without any payment issues, and it's important to recognize this when deciding to defer payments.

If an account is deemed to be at risk, then it makes sense to defer transactions. However, for well-established accounts with a solid track record, payments should be released promptly. "

28 replies
Tags:Payments, Transactions
28 replies
user profile
Seller_RQcNb76zbuSdV

We noticed this morning after a rather low disbursement for this period. After 15 years with no issues, very annoying.

user profile
Seller_VE9wk5SPW4qMX

I agree 100% with this. Selling on Amazon since early 2014. We were supposed to be 'grandfathered in' as the policy didn't start until 2016, and we have had no problems with chargebacks or refund levels in that whole time. Do Amazon really believe that we all of a sudden would have ALL our sales refunded, so they have to hold on to our entire earnings for that long? I would have accepted say 10-20% of the total sales deferred for a number of days, but this is just ludicrous.

user profile
Seller_6wK1xwzne9tSz

I dont realise that Amazon are so hard up that they require sellers to finance their business. This is quiet outrageous, we have been trade for 10+ years have no more than £500 refunds per month and yet they are holding £70K+ in deferred transacton. With all their technical knowhow it beggars belief that they could calculate deferred amounts on a % equivalent to the level of returns on the account.

user profile
Seller_D52kINh75QL8v

This is just another nail in the coffin for us. The way this has been implemented without (recent) warning is attrocious and just shows the contempt Amazon has for us. We helped build this megalyth and this is how we are treated.

My lease is due up in December and was going to be selling off our stock through Amazon.co.uk. Maybe I'll give onbuy my business.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

Whilst I don't disagree with you I can't see this ever happening. It is the most logical thing to do base the reserve on sellers performance.

My daily refunds are between £3-10 and yet I have several thousand pounds held under this policy. In theory around £300 in reserve would cover all of my refunds for one month.

user profile
Seller_0AG9i8qKfX9Eu

this is criminal. I have just sent them countless messages saying this is wrong. Our company needs to be able to take OUR money out. They are holding OUR money. This is now affecting our lives as we cannot take our money out which we now need to pay VAT and rent etc..

when you see our director nearly in tears with worry because there are bills to pay and wages and you need to just draw your money out but are not able to....

Our last deposit was held for 7 days, it then took 6 days to reach our bank!!!!!

im almost at the point where we should all get together to see if there is anything we can do legally.

they are holding a few thousand of ours now, why.... We have been an amazon business for 15 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

user profile
Seller_YcVj3IObF7ZOZ

May I refer all sellers to my previous reply on DD+7 Policies post reference the existance of the Small Business Commissiner in Birmingham

Just found this Amazon link, you may find it useful to extend your disbursements to September 2025 if you have been recently moved to DD+7

"How to request additional support

If you are concerned about the impact this transition has had, please contact use uk-reserve-policy-extension@amazon.co.uk and we’ll evaluate available options to help you, including a transition extension to 30 September 2025. "

user profile
Seller_YpGZNzOJC6Bme

They are going to put businesses out of business as they are taking their fees and advertising fees daily from the totals! Meaning you are not getting the correct amounts of money! They have also introduced VAT on Fees which means we also get less money! This policy really needs looking at before businesses go under from cashflow issues! Our daily disbursement amounts are really low at the minute and are about 50% of what we take each day! It really doesnt make sense how they work it out

user profile
Seller_k3oWYDCksyCAO

smallbusinesscommissioner

This is were complains need to be made.

user profile
Seller_j2MNxI1Eni5XU

i agree with what you are saying, but you are completely wasting your time trying to get anything changed at amazon. :( why would they listen to us their partners. they never have, they never will. :(

user profile
Seller_kc1jFRCZAHSTI

I totally agree! it's driving me potty, ZERO money coming in this week, and nothing for what seems to be another 7-10days - my 1st release is 1st October - the add 2-5 business days to hit the bank! i'm not a pleasant person to be around at the moment, payroll on Monday, rent dues Tuesday, Agghhh

We have been on since 2009.

However, here's the killer blow.

You know this has been all the way to parliament and they forced amazon to delay it, that was last year and again this year. they had to give more notice etc etc.

Needless to say they gave that notice and some (they said it was going to be implemented in August).

my current argument is, we were not told a date, it just happened last week and i can't find any correspondence to back up the day it would be implemented and i strongly feel it should have been gradual i.e DD+1day for a month and added a day each month thereafter until 7 days.

Also, you really need to check your deferred orders and the release date of funds, i looked today (we ship with Amazon shipping) and the delivery date on tracking shows 21st Sept, so, in theory, it would be the 28th funds were released, but amazon hasn't updated the order status yet to delivered so funds are now not released until 1st October so that + 3to 5 days means orders placed on 20th sept, earliest funds would hit the bank on 4th October - 14 days later.

we are, and i am sure many others too, especially with all the new rules hitting on the 30th of December, now actively pushing (and hard) our own website to mitigate all the crap from Amazon.

user profile
Seller_Ih3s6ShVI4r7J

As many of you may be aware, Amazon has introduced a new Delivery Date Policy, which holds payments for DD+7 days. While this applies to all accounts, I believe this blanket approach is unfair.

Amazon should implement this policy on an account-by-account basis, considering individual account performance. For well-performing accounts with a solid track record, payments shouldn't be delayed by DD+7.

I encourage everyone to leave feedback on the Payments page, urging Amazon to reconsider this policy and apply it more fairly based on account performance. Of course, I doubt they will listen to us, but at least we can try.

You may write: "You should consider deferring transactions selectively based on the account's performance and history, rather than applying it to all seller accounts universally. We have been selling on Amazon for a long time without any payment issues, and it's important to recognize this when deciding to defer payments.

If an account is deemed to be at risk, then it makes sense to defer transactions. However, for well-established accounts with a solid track record, payments should be released promptly. "

28 replies
user profile

by Seller_Ih3s6ShVI4r7J

28 replies
28 replies
28 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_RQcNb76zbuSdV

We noticed this morning after a rather low disbursement for this period. After 15 years with no issues, very annoying.

user profile
Seller_VE9wk5SPW4qMX

I agree 100% with this. Selling on Amazon since early 2014. We were supposed to be 'grandfathered in' as the policy didn't start until 2016, and we have had no problems with chargebacks or refund levels in that whole time. Do Amazon really believe that we all of a sudden would have ALL our sales refunded, so they have to hold on to our entire earnings for that long? I would have accepted say 10-20% of the total sales deferred for a number of days, but this is just ludicrous.

user profile
Seller_6wK1xwzne9tSz

I dont realise that Amazon are so hard up that they require sellers to finance their business. This is quiet outrageous, we have been trade for 10+ years have no more than £500 refunds per month and yet they are holding £70K+ in deferred transacton. With all their technical knowhow it beggars belief that they could calculate deferred amounts on a % equivalent to the level of returns on the account.

user profile
Seller_D52kINh75QL8v

This is just another nail in the coffin for us. The way this has been implemented without (recent) warning is attrocious and just shows the contempt Amazon has for us. We helped build this megalyth and this is how we are treated.

My lease is due up in December and was going to be selling off our stock through Amazon.co.uk. Maybe I'll give onbuy my business.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

Whilst I don't disagree with you I can't see this ever happening. It is the most logical thing to do base the reserve on sellers performance.

My daily refunds are between £3-10 and yet I have several thousand pounds held under this policy. In theory around £300 in reserve would cover all of my refunds for one month.

user profile
Seller_0AG9i8qKfX9Eu

this is criminal. I have just sent them countless messages saying this is wrong. Our company needs to be able to take OUR money out. They are holding OUR money. This is now affecting our lives as we cannot take our money out which we now need to pay VAT and rent etc..

when you see our director nearly in tears with worry because there are bills to pay and wages and you need to just draw your money out but are not able to....

Our last deposit was held for 7 days, it then took 6 days to reach our bank!!!!!

im almost at the point where we should all get together to see if there is anything we can do legally.

they are holding a few thousand of ours now, why.... We have been an amazon business for 15 years !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

user profile
Seller_YcVj3IObF7ZOZ

May I refer all sellers to my previous reply on DD+7 Policies post reference the existance of the Small Business Commissiner in Birmingham

Just found this Amazon link, you may find it useful to extend your disbursements to September 2025 if you have been recently moved to DD+7

If you are concerned about the impact this transition has had, please contact use uk-reserve-policy-extension@amazon.co.uk and we’ll evaluate available options to help you, including a transition extension to 30 September 2025. "

user profile
Seller_YpGZNzOJC6Bme

They are going to put businesses out of business as they are taking their fees and advertising fees daily from the totals! Meaning you are not getting the correct amounts of money! They have also introduced VAT on Fees which means we also get less money! This policy really needs looking at before businesses go under from cashflow issues! Our daily disbursement amounts are really low at the minute and are about 50% of what we take each day! It really doesnt make sense how they work it out

user profile
Seller_k3oWYDCksyCAO

user profile
Seller_j2MNxI1Eni5XU

i agree with what you are saying, but you are completely wasting your time trying to get anything changed at amazon. :( why would they listen to us their partners. they never have, they never will. :(

user profile
Seller_kc1jFRCZAHSTI

I totally agree! it's driving me potty, ZERO money coming in this week, and nothing for what seems to be another 7-10days - my 1st release is 1st October - the add 2-5 business days to hit the bank! i'm not a pleasant person to be around at the moment, payroll on Monday, rent dues Tuesday, Agghhh

You know this has been all the way to parliament and they forced amazon to delay it, that was last year and again this year. they had to give more notice etc etc.

Needless to say they gave that notice and some (they said it was going to be implemented in August).

my current argument is, we were not told a date, it just happened last week and i can't find any correspondence to back up the day it would be implemented and i strongly feel it should have been gradual i.e DD+1day for a month and added a day each month thereafter until 7 days.

Also, you really need to check your deferred orders and the release date of funds, i looked today (we ship with Amazon shipping) and the delivery date on tracking shows 21st Sept, so, in theory, it would be the 28th funds were released, but amazon hasn't updated the order status yet to delivered so funds are now not released until 1st October so that + 3to 5 days means orders placed on 20th sept, earliest funds would hit the bank on 4th October - 14 days later.

we are, and i am sure many others too, especially with all the new rules hitting on the 30th of December, now actively pushing (and hard) our own website to mitigate all the crap from Amazon.

user profile
Seller_RQcNb76zbuSdV

user profile
Seller_RQcNb76zbuSdV

user profile
Seller_VE9wk5SPW4qMX

user profile
Seller_VE9wk5SPW4qMX

user profile
Seller_6wK1xwzne9tSz

user profile
Seller_6wK1xwzne9tSz

user profile
Seller_D52kINh75QL8v

user profile
Seller_D52kINh75QL8v

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

user profile
Seller_0AG9i8qKfX9Eu

user profile
Seller_0AG9i8qKfX9Eu

user profile
Seller_YcVj3IObF7ZOZ

user profile
Seller_YcVj3IObF7ZOZ

user profile
Seller_YpGZNzOJC6Bme

user profile
Seller_YpGZNzOJC6Bme

user profile
Seller_k3oWYDCksyCAO

user profile
Seller_k3oWYDCksyCAO

user profile
Seller_j2MNxI1Eni5XU

user profile
Seller_j2MNxI1Eni5XU

user profile
Seller_kc1jFRCZAHSTI

user profile
Seller_kc1jFRCZAHSTI