user profile
Sign in
user profile

Incomplete address on order issue, now happened twice help please

by Seller_v01AdLB8W7zJQ

So keeping this as short as possible.
A customer placed an order for a low value item (under £3) and the address is missing the house number and road. ( i checked on royal mail website)

they didnt reply to my messages through seller central asking them to confirm correct address, so i cancelled the order as undeliverable address.
This has counted towards my cancelation rate which isn’t the end of the world as it was 0%

Today the same customer has placed another order for an even cheaper item and again has used an incomplete address.
Am i right in thinking im not supposed to use there phone number to ring them?
I’m slightly concerned this is someone trying to damage my account.
any advice would be great.

Tags: Address, Seller Central
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_v01AdLB8W7zJQ
In reply to: Seller_v01AdLB8W7zJQ’s post

Can anyone help?

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

You could try marking as dispatched using stamps/franking then refunding as undeliverable address see if that provokes a response from the customer

user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

Perhaps you could use a courier and add the number to the booking. The number will then be used by the courier to query the address.

It is not ideal but my understanding it is only in extreme circumstances such as delivery enquiry that the number can be used.

user profile
Seller_v01AdLB8W7zJQ

thanks for you help i think i will go with the mark as dispatched and refund option its a £1.95 item and its only letter size. Not a bad idea though about the courier! for something more expensive that could be worth it.

user profile
Seller_IUnGf6yXxBGnh

Just following up on this. The work around used to be the stamps/franking method then refund. But that no longer works without hitting VTR rates. If the buyer doesn’t respond to a request for a full address is there any way of cancelling without a metric hit somewhere? Have an order like the OP with a clearly incomplete address.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post