user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon refunded an A-Z case where item was received but custoemr didn't sign for it

by Seller_06kpavXDHsTRF

This is getting crazy, we have a customer that put in an A-Z claim for delivery 204-8597270-0909926, claiming he did not sign for the parcel even though they received it. Amazon stated that we provided enough information that proves he received it, but still refunded over £100 to the customer and to keep the boots. However, Amazon said that they will not count this claim against our Order Defect Rate. Well thank you Amazon!

Any ideas how I can get this money back, no doubt Amazon will be silent on this issue.

Just a thought, how many parcels do I receive from Amazon that are never signed for? all of them, does this precedent by Amazon now mean I can get a refund and keep the item on all my deliveries?

Tags: A to Z Claims
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_06kpavXDHsTRF’s post

We've seen that kick in the face message as well on some A-Z claims.

I would say your best bet would be letter before action to amazon to get the money back - considering you have evidence that shows amazon believe you delivered the parcel - then why would they refund?

On your last point - all you can do is try - though I imagine you wouldn't have an amazon buying account after a while!

user profile
Seller_EkGoiphKgUnUI

More Amazon NONSENSE!

user profile
Seller_MT8rt0A2OpbCx

Signed for is so 20th century, since GPS and cameras were invented, providing much better proof of delivery. Covid would have signed the death knell for this, if pens weren't extinct.

But it's not Amazon's money to give away to thieves, so why should they care? Except it is damaging to Amazon's first line customers (the sellers!), damaging to the platform, damaging to society, encouraging an "entitled culture", turning otherwise honest people into criminals (scamming is a tamed down word for theft), causing global warming and pollution and much more. We are all doomed because of A-Zs.

user profile
Seller_tcjTAYWS9J4EP

I would be sending a notice of intention to take them to small claims straight to the customer with the proof and the screenshot of amazon also saying there is enough proof.

user profile
Seller_5uBYL2LFkHdQM

We had two very similar A-Z claims recently. One was a parcel which was signed for by the recipient, who claimed she had not received it. We had the same message from Amazon (our tracking even included GPS which put the delivery point right outside the customers front door, plus a photo of the same front door as you could see on Google street view). Anyway we appealed and put 'if we have proven the parcel was rec'd by the customer, why are we responsible for the refund?' Amazon agreed and reversed the decision.

Only a short time later, a very similar A-Z claim with the same message from Amazon. We appealed again and lost this one. To be fair, although sent on a signed for delivery service this time you could see from the proof of delivery it had been left on a doorstep and signed for by the delivery driver, so I expected to lose that really.

Appeal and see how you get on. If you sent with a courier most have GPS tracking on the delivery PDQ (the little hand held machine you sign on or that they scan the parcel with). If its like our second A-Z and the parcel has been left you can also raise a claim with the carrier, especially if it should have been signed for.

user profile
Seller_lntPCZ7WPZ7J0

Use the mediation tool. Its what its for.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post