user profile
Sign in
user profile

Charge Method Issues: Debit Card Suddenly Not Accepted After Renewal

by Seller_LZwpJ4i9SF48G

My charge method worked for several months after I renewed my card because it expired. Then, suddenly, I received a message that my charge method is not valid. I checked my details in the charge method section and ensured they are correct. I even updated them again, but they are still not accepted, even though I have waited 48 hours as suggested by other forum members.

I also read that some forum members say that a credit card is required, but I have been an experienced seller here on Amazon for over five years and have never been asked for a charge method other than a debit card. It very much depends on the country you are in, and I understood that both debit and credit cards are suitable for sellers from European Union member states.

I also contacted my bank to make sure the problem is not with my card settings. The bank confirmed that everything is fine on their end.

I don't know what to do now. I have been blocked for almost a month. Please help.

Tags: Bank account, Credit card, Payments, Policy, Verification
22 replies
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_KlbXZHzQGSDZv
In reply to: Seller_LZwpJ4i9SF48G’s post

Which bank is the debit card issued to (some are valid some months and not others) Also as you mentioned Amazon prefer a credit card for taking your money sort of gaurantees you will pay it. Debit cards you can be out of money with.

user profile
Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a

hi, I stared a post about this about a month ago after having the same issue (I also just posted again asking for some help) I have also had no help whatsoever, very disappointing.

I’m assuming it’s a glitch

Every Monday I get a email telling me that my payment is on its way then I get a email telling me charge method is invalid. (It’s not)I have found if you re add the card it says it’s been verified but then it says your still locked out? After a few tries or re added the card the next morning it usually works again. It’s not great and very frustrating.

user profile
Seller_jZiG4OnY755i0

@Spencer_Amazon

Please could you look into this, I have been experiencing the same issue every time I make a disbursement. I have contacted seller support and opened numerous cases to address this issue but have always had irrelevant response from seller support!

user profile
Seller_pZPUigSoKl3Mk

Did you try another browser? I had a problem with Lloyds card and the problem was in incorrect redirection to Lloyds to confirm card

user profile
Spencer_Amazon

Hello @Seller_LZwpJ4i9SF48G, @Seller_N8sdIVWmCyj2a, @Seller_jZiG4OnY755i0,

I am Spencer with Amazon.

Do you have a case ID you can share with me so I can look into it?

Regards, Spencer

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post