user profile
Sign in
user profile

Product review for wrong product

by Seller_n69tBBqSFt504

I was scrolling through the product reviews on our items last week and came across a 1 star review left by a customer that was clearly on the wrong item.

I contacted Seller Support regarding this as it is clearly for the wrong product (not even a product we sell) asking if it could be removed for this reason. I also replied to the review telling the customer that they must have accidentally left a review on the wrong item.

The review states “not sure if these are genuine, I have bought these gloves before” on a listing for a window trickle vent. Clicking through on their name I can see they have left the exact same review on, surprisingly, an actual pair of gloves.

Just received a response today from Amazon stating:

"I’ve read the review titled “Great service” for the “Window Trickle Vent White - Large.” I understand your concerns, but the review doesn’t violate our posted guidelines, so I’m unable to remove it in its current format.

We try to encourage our customers to give their honest opinions on our products while staying within our guidelines. As a retailer we are interested in cultivating a diversity of opinion on our products. Part of that is allowing our customers to air their honest thoughts on items they have received. Here’s a link to our guidelines for reference:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review-guidelines/

We appreciate your understanding. We hope to see you again soon.

Did I solve your problem?"

Well, no you didn’t…

Anyone else had this issue? Can this really not be removed?

Tags: Customer, Product reviews
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_n69tBBqSFt504
In reply to: Seller_n69tBBqSFt504’s post

Just been back to the review itself…

Customer has now changed it to:

“Great price, but wrong size easily returned and refunded” with still 1 star.

Now I’m confused. As this is now a Seller Feedback comment as a Product Review??

user profile
Seller_n69tBBqSFt504
In reply to: Seller_n69tBBqSFt504’s post

May I add also, that the title of the review in the response from Amazon that says “Great service” isn’t what the title was when I had read it. It was “Bad quality”. So now I’m thinking that Amazon had got to this after the customer had changed their feedback and that’s why Amazon has refused to remove it?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post