user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to find out which buyer left the product review...?

by Seller_RubEetLtJzN3v

Hi Guys

Is there any way I can locate specific order / customer that left the product review?

Thanks

Tags: Customer, Product reviews
17 replies
17 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2
In reply to: Seller_RubEetLtJzN3v’s post

I am sorry, however this is not possible.

Product reviews are anonymous and can be left by anyone, even without purchasing the product from you.

Sellers are not supposed to contact reviewers.

user profile
Seller_Yja9oH7DLHk2I

I had a situation a few weeks ago where someone left a review to say a bit was missing. I was able to identify them from their name.

In a normal world I would have dropped them an email and offered to put the missing part in the post. The buyer would have been chuffed and it would have been considered good customer service.

I was too scared to contact them in case I fell foul of one of Amazon’s policies.

This is another example of how their policies often result in a poorer experience for buyers.

user profile
Seller_Cijrd1e699k09

Unfortunately, I agree with you. But even if some how we could magically all work together, I sadly still don’t think it would make a difference to Amazon at all.

user profile
Seller_EJIX7rqDNQJi2

Lots of sellers are complaining about this, but I think it’s totally reasonable that they are not supposed to contact their buyers over Product Reviews.

Amazon wants the reviews to be honest and reflect the buyer’s actual experience with the product and not to have sellers contact the reviewers to make things right (refund, replace) and then encourage them to edit or delete their comments to make the product artifically appear rated better.

user profile
Seller_zbbK8Mjvimn1O

You just gotta ‘live with it’ is what I tell myself. We get negative reviews mostly because of Amazon’s bad customer care on Amazon Prime. Amazon doesn’t remove them and we can’t do anything about it.

Most recently somebody left a 1 star review on one of our product; sharing the review here to amuse you guys:

‘Too many e-mails from Amazon… However the product works well and is high quality’.

And Amazon has refused to remove it.

Anyway - have a nice day.

user profile
Seller_4jeZD40ha7u4o

A big issue is that a lot of buyers don’t know the difference between product review and seller feedback . A lot of the product reviews actually is aimed at a certain seller and as a result of the review , the product dies and other sellers suffer.
A very common example is when sellers from outside of UK sell none compliant products into UK often with wrong plug, spec and instructions and the local sellers get punished for this as their products doesn’t sell any more. The other example is when fake products are sold and a bad review affects everybody.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post