user profile
Sign in
user profile

VTR for Royal Mail

by Seller_PkyNoO9DSU9t5

Hello sellers and Amazon,

Since 2022, I have purchased all Royal Mail large letters and parcels through Amazon Buy Shipping due to the VTR not reaching the percentage. Now, I am considering a new purchasing method for June 2024. It is more cost-effective to buy through my Royal Mail business account, which is now linked to Amazon, offering us a more streamlined process.

Today, my VTR is 100%. The screenshot is attached. I will check this again later, as I have booked two parcel orders with my Royal Mail business account today.

This has puzzled me, and hopefully, I can get to the bottom of this. I can still see threads of confusion on this forum.

Any information will be great to know BTW.

Thanks

Mandy

Tags: Account Health
1 reply
1 reply
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ztaOlsnPiZSvE
In reply to: Seller_PkyNoO9DSU9t5’s post

Hi everyone,

Amazon has changed their policy on Royal Mail 2D Barcodes (Royal Mail scanned on delivery). Previously, Amazon accepted our valid tracking proof, as Amazon accepted and knew Royal Mail only scan about 80% of packages. However, this has changed. 100% of our orders are sent with VTR, and we only used "scanned on delivery" on very low priced items where it needs to be more competitive

Last Friday, some of our listings were deactivated. When I appealed, it was rejected. After discussing with Amazon, our options are to switch to a different postal method (more expensive) or buy postage from Amazon.

This means we're being forced to buy postage from Amazon to stay competitive, with no real improvement in delivery scans from Royal Mail. Additionally, using our 3rd party software to process orders might become more complicated. Will Amazon access details from eBay and our website orders?

I think this policy change is unfair, and anyone using Royal Mail 24/48 (CRL) should be aware.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post