user profile
Sign in
user profile

Delivery Proof 2D bar code Royal mail

by Seller_71wdi9vPAEP03

Dear Sellers,

I have many customers who claim for non delivery and Amazon grant them A-Z guarantee claim.

We use Royal mail and provide delivery proof with 2D bar code,however Amazon grant the claim stating that there was no signature hence claim has been granted.

We are in very hot waters since we do post on time and items get delivered yet customers get refunds.

Please provide assistance as to how we can address this problem.

Tags: A to Z Claims, Customer, Refunds
40 replies
40 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_j4qOx3FnSoENm
In reply to: Seller_71wdi9vPAEP03’s post

Amazon do not accept 2D Barcode proof of delivery i.e the NON tracked services.
The only ones from Royal Mail they will accept as proof of delivery are the following services
Royal Mail Tracked 48 Signed for
Royal Mail Tracked 24 Signed for
Royal Mail Special Delivery

So basically to defend a A-Z you need to use a signed for service (which in my opinion is stupid but that’s just my opinion)

user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl

The only way that you can address that issue, is to post via a fully tracked service.
As you have discovered, Amazon do not accept 2d tracking as proof of delivery.

Why not look at using FBA/S&L to address it?

user profile
Seller_71wdi9vPAEP03

@DeadGoodUndies1 I 100% agree with you how can we pay for signature for things worth few pounds.

@NEil what is S&L?

You guys are really helpful Thanks

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

We dispatched a item using the 2D Barcode and the customer informed us she had not received her order. We contacted Royal Mail and they were able to tell us the date, day and time the order was delivered. We gave the customer this information and the claim was dropped.

Whenever a customer informs us they haven’t received their order we always follow the couriers claim process. I have to admit many of the claims we receive are dropped. Some customers tend to do thing back to front we found, they inform us they have not received their order without checking with other members of their household or forgetting to pick it up from the neighbour or the neighbour did not tell us they had our order or they did not leave a card.

We have direct telephone numbers for many of the Royal Mail delivery offices which has proved very useful when a claim is made because branch manager would talk to the postal worker delivering in that area.

Anything below £20 we send normal post which costs £3.00 (Small parcel weighing below 2KG) any losses are fully recovered.

user profile
Seller_prNRYzgZJre6A

We challenge the customer and they often change their stories. Call them, that is what we end up doing.

user profile
Seller_n33KwLeg9XOvi

Use FBA - so Amazon deal with all deliveries

user profile
Seller_7xa4giJ3wJ3FU

eBay accept 2D barcodes as proof of delivery whilst Amazon don’t, when it comes to a claim. That’s why all the scammers and thieves have migrated from eBay to Amazon.
I report all scammers and thieves and provide Tracking back to them, this puts most off from making a claim.
By not removing Feedback claiming non-delivery and not accepting 2D bar codes as proof, Amazon are supporting the many thieves & scammers on their site. They need to change.

user profile
Seller_uP9LqiYV3yKFy

I do find it annoying amazon shipping will just drop off with no signature, but the other way around and amazon does not accept confirmation of delivery scan, bonkers as usual

user profile
Seller_0wTxwqWmX6wBE

It wont make any difference. In the past we have had Tracked, Tracked Signed For and Signed for items. All shipped exactly according to Amazons requirement and policy and the customers have still got the refunds and if you appeal more than once, you may even get a warning.

user profile
Seller_X0Ya0GVGabCk2

I don’t even bother to send tracked anymore as amazon just turn your appeal down anyway , the money i save covers the shoplifting / Theft sorry NR’s

Go to original post