user profile
Sign in
user profile

Inauthentic - Account deactivated

by Seller_IjKGagrrzSfJA

Hello All,

After a few weeks selling on Amazon, account got deactivated, reason for that is that items which we are selling may be inauthentic. So the receipts or invoices were requested of 3 items. Unfortunately one of three receipts was lost, could not find, probably accidentally binned it. So submitted just 2 which I had with explanation, got answer that they still need receipt of the item which receipt was lost. Item was bought from Asda and I was able to get it’s copy from the customer services, but it’s not like standard receipt with logo and etc. It’s a copy on the A4 paper. After a month of waiting received a update with a same template which got a the beginning that they still need these 3 items receipts. All that time I was charged subscription fee and not able to downgrade account.
What are my options? That would be really unfear that I lost the opportunity to sell on Amazon forever for that cheap item and lost receipt. Please give me an advice. Thank you.

Tags: Fees
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_BS5lg2keRs2QO
In reply to: Seller_IjKGagrrzSfJA’s post

Your issue isn’t really the missing receipt - it’s that you cannot buy items from a retailer and list them on Amazon as being new (which I assume you did). Amazon are expecting an invoice from an authorised supplier as part of a valid supply chain and they’ll keep asking for that. Without it Amazon will assume your items are not genuine.

Retail arbitrage (or online arbitrage for that matter) is incredibly risky of late, especially for newer sellers where Amazon have been doing an increased number of routine checks. Your only realistic option is to send Amazon a plan of action (appeal basically) setting out that you didn’t know what the rules were, what education / learning you have since undertaken and how you are moving to an acceptable business model going forward.

user profile
Seller_ejwc84JNL5Uk6

Demel is spot on. Retail receipts will not be accepted by Asda.

user profile
Seller_pEBh63hQPUeFu
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_PUgTge8LPB8FY

This would also be a good moment to visit Sellers’ University to familiarise yourself with how Amazon really works, before you get yourself into even more trouble. If you post your POA here before submitting it to Amazon, helpful sellers will give you their input for free. It might make all the difference.

user profile
Seller_u4SFdJKMStDfU

I had a “receipt invoice” from a supplier. Everything was as an invoice should be. Amazon rejected it because it had invoice receipt at the top of it. Went back to the supplier they removed the word receipt, submitted and everything was fine. Amazon just don’t handle it if it says receipt on it. It amused me, felt I should share.

user profile
Seller_QuOnfVPGqdVsh

Hi , I do feel sorry for you , Yes , Demel is right , as newer seller - I am sure , Amazon will accept apology if you really put in a plan that you are new and not having enough knowledge & you will make sure that it will happen again, you will do your research & learn . Please write simple plan - Accept responsibility & Getting more knowledge from online / offline . I am sure you will get accounts back , but do not do same mistake twice again after accounts got back . Good Luck , See you soon with some good news …

NOTE : Please do not try to prove that you are right , Amazon is wrong , Amazon knows exactly what’s going on .

user profile
Seller_JvIi7qQwsJOvK

Hello @Dnc-Deals,

Thanks for posting your concern. I understand you have misplaced/lost invoice for one the item flagged for review.

You’re right. Retail invoices would be accepted sometimes. However, in this case unless an invoice is provided, your account will remain inactive.

I appreciate that you have tried to contact Asda’s customer care to get a copy but it may not be accepted if the logo, buyer-seller information is missing.

If you have a buyer account with them, try and see if you have an option to download a soft copy of the missing invoice. That may work. If not, try contacting them once again and ask them to help you with another copy of invoice.

Also, submit a plan of action, explaining the same and about why the invoice is missing. What are your measures to correct this and how will you plan your future sourcing.

You can submit it though the “view appeal” > “submit additional information” button on your account health dashboard.

Best!
Ruth.

user profile
Seller_jdYs8LFiFoSEb

Hi @Hooli_EU,

Thank you for your interest in the topic. In order to assist you in the most efficient way, I recommend you to open a new topic. This will allow us to focus on your issue more specifically.
In order to post a new topic, you can click on the category “Account Health” . From there, find the button “+ New Topic” on the top-right corner of the page.

Thank you!

Best,
Rachel

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post