user profile
Sign in
user profile

Late Delivery messages from Amazon

by Seller_rQvQ81c4j1EhT

Anyone else seen the messages that Amazon are sending customers

We’re sorry your package is late

We are working with the carrier to get your package back on track and we will let you know when your package is out for delivery

Was expected by Saturday 15th December.

LIE 1 - They are not working with the carrier to resolve it
LIE2 - They cannot advise when its out for delivery (Its RM48 and delivered)

Maybe it was expected by the 15th, however it WAS delivered on the 12th !!!

Tags: Packaging
44 replies
44 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_fi6OfVtFVbcq8
In reply to: Seller_rQvQ81c4j1EhT’s post

I got an angry message from a customer who had received a message from Amazon telling them their item may arrive after Xmas even when the latest expected delivery date was 24th. Obviously it’s Xmas so I’ve been extra careful ensuring things will arrive on time - it should arrive today.

I don’t know why they’re sending these. If something is going to be late surely we should be the ones to deal with it!

user profile
Seller_AeSYBToQ271lM

Yes! I was just about to write my own post about this. I tried raising a case with customer support but it got nowhere, they didn’t understand what I was trying to say so I gave up.

I’ve also had some customers say they’ve received an email to say their order has been delivered, they’ve then messaged me saying they haven’t had it, I’ve checked the tracking on the royal mail site which is saved with the order and its not been delivered yet?!

Its just more hassle and more admin work plus gets customers backs up.

user profile
Seller_iT7zAqkV2PQG7

I posted about this in a similar topic.

These are some of the messages we have received:

“Hello. I have received your email regarding my recent order with you that it is late being delivered. Just to let you know that I received the book mark last week. It is a gift for my husband and he will be delighted with it. Thank you so much.”

“keyring recieved thankyou. amazon infomation saying its running late”

“Despite being given a revised delivery date the item has still not arrived. Blaming the shipping company, or being held up in customs isn’t good enough. Could you possibly give an explanation for the delay without blaming someone else.”

That last one was followed by a negative feedback and all three of these messages were in response to messages from Amazon clearly stating the items were delayed.

We have seen a lot of INR claims triggered by Amazons messages but fortunately we have RM Delivery Confirmation. Once advised that the orders have indeed been delivered we don’t hear any further from most of them.

At least some buyers are honest but the dishonest ones are being handed refund opportunities on a plate.

user profile
Seller_iwDZC5h1MCUbw

Amazon send them to my customers also despite sending all my orders on a pre12 it really does infuriate me and the customer.

user profile
Seller_TK2OUpwGNKKsN

Yes it’s highly infuriating and been going on for months.

It’s Amazon tracking not seeming to recognise the click and drop RM48 tracking codes (the QR codes, it does recognise the fully tracked systems)

Over and over again we get INRs when in fact items have been delivered. Customers respond that Amazon claimed the item would be late, it’s hard to tell them Amazon are wrong.

eBay fully recognises the codes and even gives links, either it’s not an Amazon priority, or the correct people aren’t aware since the Amazon service staff are useless.

user profile
Seller_k07x09wX75QDZ

Hi
I have had this several times, sometimes after parcel has been delivered but frequently when it is due to be delivered, often the same or next day, all it does is upset the customer

user profile
Seller_XLRct2fNrcwok

We have had customers email to say they have had goods after amazon sent the late delivery email
??

user profile
Seller_NcmZTOQBdksTC

I’ve had a customer order something off me and two days later order the same thing as she said she got a message saying Amazon had said it was “Undeliverable”.
They say her address was wrong, yet she ordered again using the same address.
Amazon tell me that both items were delivered but she had, had a refund for the first one.
Never know who to believe as I will have to wait to see if the item goes back to FBA

user profile
Seller_saK5Ah2SaNYjL

I’m starting to wonder if Amazon do this deliberately to force sellers to use Amazon Buy Shipping. I have to say that since we switched to Buy Shipping these messages have stopped. They must be getting a massive kick back from RM.

user profile
Seller_v5d1Lm4wuJuEz

I recently purchased something from Amazon and noticed this in the “My Orders” area of my account.
The merchant used Interlink express to deliver the order the very next day, I was pleased, however Amazon kept showing the status as “Trying to get the delivery back on track”.

Go to original post