The Amazon Partnered Carrier programme has resumed small parcel delivery service with UPS between the UK and the EU.
The UK left the EU’s single market and customs union on 1 January 2021, and a customs border was established, resulting in an updated workflow for shipments between the UK and EU using the Amazon Partnered Carrier programme. Sellers must be customs compliant when shipping goods across the UK-EU border. For more information, see Prepare your Amazon business for Brexit. Once you have booked your shipment, new steps are required to clear customs. For more information, see the Amazon Partnered Carrier programme - Cross-border shipment workflow frequently asked questions page.
To help you manage inventory transfers across the UK-EU border, we're offering a limited-time promotion. Through 31 March 2021, if you use an Amazon partnered carrier, you can benefit from the following:
- Reduced transportation costs: Get discounted rates for cross-border FBA shipments between the UK and EU until 31 March 2021. This represents an approximate savings of 30% to 64%* for both small-parcel and pallet shipments.
- No brokerage or handover fees: For sellers who use the partnered carrier customs brokerage services, Amazon will cover the brokerage fees for all shipment types. For pallet shipments, we will also cover the handover fee if you use a third-party customs broker for indirect representation.
The promotion applies to Amazon partnered carrier shipments that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Sent from an address in the UK to a fulfilment centre in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, or Czech Republic
- Sent from an address in Germany, France, Italy, or Spain to a fulfilment centre in the UK
- Created in Seller Central after 1 January 2021, and before 31 March 2021
- Received at an Amazon fulfilment centre in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, or Czech Republic after 1 January 2021, and before 21 April 2021
For more information, see the Post-customs border promotion frequently asked questions page.
* Savings are calculated based on standard Amazon partnered carrier rates from 1 January 2020 to 15 November 2020. The average discount is 64% from an address in the UK to an Amazon fulfilment centre in Spain. Delivery charges are dependent on the quantity, dimensions, and weight of cartons or pallets, the address from which the delivery originates, and the destination fulfilment centre. For additional discount rates, see the Post-customs border promotion frequently asked questions page. Rates are subject to change. Amazon does not guarantee any particular amount of savings.