user profile
Sign in
user profile

Some sort of scam? Amazon writing message on behalf of customer?

by Seller_JEZj3PPLJYf96

hi

I got a customer who ordered 4 meters of fabric and then today get a message from the customer, but it is all worded as if it Amazon writing the message to me.

It says that their customer did not get 4 metre but only 2 and that we need to sort the issue out fast.

Then at the end it says from Customer Service Department Amazon.co.uk

Is this real?

How to deal with this?

Please see attachment

Thanks

B

Tags: Customer
42 replies
42 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_JEZj3PPLJYf96’s post

This means the customer has contacted amazon and they have messaged you to relay the info

user profile
Seller_JEZj3PPLJYf96

Hi

I sent the message about the weight of the parcel sent.

Can the customer simply decide to ignore my message and then do an A to Z?

Or does Amazon also require customers to respond with 24hrs like sellers?

Thanks

B

user profile
Seller_77IcbQKVGdZo0

I get these a lot. I have always assumed this is when a customer telephones or emails Amazon directly about their order rather than myself. From a customers point of view you can understand that they do not always know they are dealing with a Market place seller rather than buying from Amazon direct.

The annoying thing is that Amazon never seem to check any details they just pass the message.

If you are sure that you got the order correct just reply back to the message saying that you checked the order before it went out and it was correct based on what the customer ordered. In situations like this when I know I am right I am always polite with the customer but hold my ground. Customers do get the replies you sent to them unless they have opted out. If they have opted out you may get a message back to tell you. However it is not always guaranteed the customer reads the response you send them.

Yes there is the possibility they will raise an A-Z. However if they are just trying it on then a factual reply back normally stops any further correspondence and stops an A-Z being raised. If they do raise an A-Z there will be little you can do to defend it as it will be very hard to prove how much you actually sent out.

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

You sound a bit unsure if I’m honest, is there a chance the customer is right?

user profile
Seller_49U9pW0sbBfPd
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_l78koE9kGCu59

Standard message format for cs calls forwarded to you via the messaging system

user profile
Seller_sFEUMUfeW5484

If you send a buyer a message and they have opted out, it shows up in red under the message you sent.

Once the buyer initiates contact with you, then teh message are no longer blocked.

However, I also often see the other red error message, where it says about the buyers email system has bounced it. But they still get the message in their Amazon inbox.

The main issue isn’t teh buyer not getting the message, it’s them knowing where to go to read it.

user profile
Seller_bhSWqoVh7Pn98

The mix of replies to you is rather concerning. Every Seller, including yourself, should be aware of how the basics of Amazon works (read details in advance, etc). No wonder Amazon let Buyers win otherwise. All Sellers should be doing the same thing (would be nice if Amazon Staff were trained as well of course and stuck to their Terms).

1: Amazon Customer Services will email on a Buyers behalf, that happens often. The email indicates it is not written by the Buyer (Customer), they often do not type Customer in full, as in ‘cx’ as another Seller has said. They can also ask for things that you do not have to do, so be careful.

2: Reply to that email, that way Amazon’s system allows the email through, and you do not need to type [Important] at the beginning of the header title (which if you initiate a new email about something, or there is weeks inbetween and you have to email again, you need to do so).

3: If you 100% know you sent 4 metres, then I would email a photo of the proof of postage (shows the weight, you may want to check 4m weighs that of course to double check). Inform the Buyer that they may return the parcel to you, as received, and if it is only 2 metres, and that weight, you will then refund them (if incorrect, you also have to pay for the return, so inform them how to return and the price to pay, eg 2Kg by Hermes at £4.20 etc). You can provide a pre-paid label if you wish (again inform of the cost if it is correct, deducted from refund, or if not correct, you cover the cost). As a minimum provide a Returns Number, and Returns name/address. It tends to win A-Z Claims where you provide those details.

If you do not know you sent 4 metres, then a few options, refund 50% as they received 2m (but they may say they want all 4m in one piece, although they do not seem to have said that in the Amz email). Again, that may save an A-Z Claim.

If you decide to send more, then sent by a tracked and signed service and email the Buyer with those details, so logged on teh Amazon system.

4: Buyers not receiving or not replying to emails, is very common. Especially ones that phone Amazon to get them to email.

Could be the email goes to spam/junk, they just do not check emails, or they know they are trying it on and hope if they do not reply that you will just send another 2m, who knows.

A courier can phone the Buyer, but a Seller is not allowed to. However, in an email, you can put your number and the Buyer can phone you if they wish (phone number details are also on the Seller profile if you provide a link to that for them, and point out your phone number is on there).

5: A-Z Claims, likely if you do nothing. You need to appeal, but they will believe a Buyer over you. Hence, if you have authorised a return at your cost if incorrect and you point that out, then you should win the A-Z Claim (you should also win if you refund 50% or send more by tracked/signed for service).

==

Surely, you 1st need to know does 4m of that fabric and wrapped weigh as per PO receipt, if it does then you know the Buyer is fraudulent. If you are wrong, and they do not have 4m, then depending on price, I’d refund at least 50%, send more, or ask them to return for a full refund at your cost.

If a Buyer does not ask you to send more, then I’d not send more, but as in an email to send more that is authorised, so ok.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post