user profile
Sign in
user profile

Shipping small letter size orders

by Seller_QoQ4dWkKUzqCD

Pardon for my ignorance as I am new here. I am planning to sell and ship items that can be in a small letter size envelope. I just simply need advise as to what would be the best shipping option for me. I thought Royal mail second class that is worth 85p would be quite sensible. Please let me know your ideas. Many thanks in advance!

Tags: Packaging, Royal Mail, Seller fulfilled, Shipping
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_469SU3Aj73sZL
In reply to: Seller_QoQ4dWkKUzqCD’s post

If you want to use Royal Mail 2nd class 85p you will have buy via Amazon Buy Shipping as any other method is NOT valid for VTR that is you buy it a Post Office then it be killer for your VTR rate Please also note that buying a book of stamps is also not acceptable to Amazon for VTR either,

Also you leave your self open to lots of Fraud with non delivery claims

@Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn @Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

user profile
Seller_ZVAz3d5lZuGid

Yes, your best option is to definitely use Amazon's 'Buy Shipping', and as said, using ordinary stamps is a no-no.

user profile
Seller_Rvj1153dOprkQ

Second Class via Amazon Buy Shipping. It's the same price as the Post Office and buying from Amazon gives you a VTR and A-Z Claim protection.

user profile
Seller_tx93U2wLYO1b7

All depends on the cost of the item you are selling to be honest. if you are sending out using Amazon and using anything that's not tracked you risk leaving yourself wide open to non delivery's.

user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn

I send between 100 and 200 items each day using Royal Mail Letter (85p Cost). All Brought through Amazon Buy Shipping.

As others said if you opt for this then your only choice is to buy through Buy Shipping to keep to Amazon Policy.

As it is an untracked service you do find that some customers claim non delivery. You have no proof whether it is delivered or not so you either refund or risk an A-Z if you don't.

However I find less than 1% of my Royal Mail Letters have non delivery claims for customers.

I actually have more claims for Royal Mail 48. Whilst this service has a delivery confirmation scan you find in practice that Royal Mail sometimes don't scan the barcode on delivery which leaves you open to fraudulent claims.

If your items are expensive though you do leave yourself open to fraud using Letter Post so you may want to look at some form of tracked service.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post