Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_WiMFivkpRPA50

Product Condition Customer complaint

Hi Everyone

Hope all is well.

I am pulling my hair out while dealing with a “product condition customer complaint” violation as amazon keep sending me a pre-written response with no clear indication of what additional information is required to resolve the issue.

The item is fulfilled by Amazon and is packed in a grey Polly bag. I have sold this item to around 1200 customers and have never received a complaint .However on this occasion ,two Customers have complained that they received the “wrong item” .

Once customer complained that he received a completely different product

There are several other sellers on the listing too and after investigating this further it appears that the customer could have been mistaken by the old packaging image which was live at the time the item was bought.

There is a very small difference between the old and new packaging and every one sells the same product as myself. I confirmed this by ordering from the two big sellers.

I created a new image of the item and was able to upload it successfully ,I went back to amazon through an appeal process and after 12 minutes of submitting a response i received a pre-written response with no clear indication of why my appeal has not resolved the pending issue.

Another customer complained that he did not want this product as it is the wrong size for the intended use .(I take that customer here accepts to order the incorrect product himself but used the “wrong item” option)

Is there any template I can use to launch a successful appeal and what points should i consider when writing an appeal that will either make a difference or encourage amazon to reply back in person.

I have attached the email for your attention

Also, does amazon deactivate seller accounts based on these complaints ?
Please advise

7 replies
7 replies
user profile
Seller_WiMFivkpRPA50

Apologise for such a lengthy note

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

Do you label the items yourself or do Amazon or are they commingled with the other sellers?

user profile
Seller_PUgTge8LPB8FY

Yes, but all they’ve said is that may do that if there are any more complaints. Alternatively, they may “remove your listings”.

But I’m sure you’ll be taking steps to ensure there are no more complaints.

user profile
Seller_bhSWqoVh7Pn98

Yes, they can deactivate accounts, so needs to be actioned. However, unlikely from what it says.

You need to resolve the issue, but as still active, nothing to be overly worried about… yet.

With FBA:

1: do NOT co-mingle, only all your own items sent to Buyers (labelled accordingly).

2: get any returns sent back to you, do not resell them.

If already doing either, why the issue happened, as all you need is someone to mix up 2 returns in 1 parcel, and the wrong item is resold.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

It’s common knowledge brand owners may change their packaging from time to time and older photographs remain on the Amazon catalogue page. If the customer is getting a identical product I do not understand why a complaint is being raised.

The same happens to pack quantities with Dishwasher tablets on the bag it says XXL however XXL can contain 65 tablets and some contain 72 tablets.

The same with dimensions of a product. Some order the wrong size product and then claim they received the wrong item.

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_WiMFivkpRPA50

Hi Everyone

Hope all is well.

I am pulling my hair out while dealing with a “product condition customer complaint” violation as amazon keep sending me a pre-written response with no clear indication of what additional information is required to resolve the issue.

The item is fulfilled by Amazon and is packed in a grey Polly bag. I have sold this item to around 1200 customers and have never received a complaint .However on this occasion ,two Customers have complained that they received the “wrong item” .

There are several other sellers on the listing too and after investigating this further it appears that the customer could have been mistaken by the old packaging image which was live at the time the item was bought.

There is a very small difference between the old and new packaging and every one sells the same product as myself. I confirmed this by ordering from the two big sellers.

I created a new image of the item and was able to upload it successfully ,I went back to amazon through an appeal process and after 12 minutes of submitting a response i received a pre-written response with no clear indication of why my appeal has not resolved the pending issue.

Another customer complained that he did not want this product as it is the wrong size for the intended use .(I take that customer here accepts to order the incorrect product himself but used the “wrong item” option)

Is there any template I can use to launch a successful appeal and what points should i consider when writing an appeal that will either make a difference or encourage amazon to reply back in person.

Please advise

7 replies
user profile

by Seller_WiMFivkpRPA50

Hi Everyone

Hope all is well.

Please advise

Tags:Customer
7 replies
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_WiMFivkpRPA50

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

Do you label the items yourself or do Amazon or are they commingled with the other sellers?

user profile
Seller_PUgTge8LPB8FY

Yes, but all they’ve said is that may do that if there are any more complaints. Alternatively, they may “remove your listings”.

user profile
Seller_bhSWqoVh7Pn98

Yes, they can deactivate accounts, so needs to be actioned. However, unlikely from what it says.

You need to resolve the issue, but as still active, nothing to be overly worried about… yet.

With FBA:

1: do NOT co-mingle, only all your own items sent to Buyers (labelled accordingly).

If already doing either, why the issue happened, as all you need is someone to mix up 2 returns in 1 parcel, and the wrong item is resold.

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

It’s common knowledge brand owners may change their packaging from time to time and older photographs remain on the Amazon catalogue page. If the customer is getting a identical product I do not understand why a complaint is being raised.

The same happens to pack quantities with Dishwasher tablets on the bag it says XXL however XXL can contain 65 tablets and some contain 72 tablets.

The same with dimensions of a product. Some order the wrong size product and then claim they received the wrong item.

user profile
Seller_WiMFivkpRPA50

user profile
Seller_WiMFivkpRPA50

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

user profile
Seller_PUgTge8LPB8FY

user profile
Seller_PUgTge8LPB8FY

user profile
Seller_bhSWqoVh7Pn98

With FBA:

user profile
Seller_bhSWqoVh7Pn98

With FBA:

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4

user profile
Seller_xUKHc5xSYJmI4