user profile
Sign in
user profile

Pan eu vat registration

by Seller_tCDEF3Oga24wr

Hi Folks,

I am a UK seller not yet registered for VAT in the UK. Can I apply for German VAT and enrol in the PAN EU program to store my inventory there? I want to keep my goods only in the german and UK markets. Thanks

Tags: International expansion
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc
In reply to: Seller_tCDEF3Oga24wr’s post

You’ll need
An importer of record and fiscal representation in Germany
And EPR registration too

German vat registration I believe is a minimum of 2 years

user profile
Seller_tCDEF3Oga24wr

Hi, If I get VAT registration for Germany with an Ltd company in the UK, as you mentioned, then is it possible to store my goods in Germany and use the PAN-Europeon program between UK and Germany? Thanks

user profile
Seller_tCDEF3Oga24wr

Hi, I have already got an Ltd company; just sorting out German VAT registration now,

user profile
Seller_tCDEF3Oga24wr

I already did; Amazon customer service was brilliant. It took only two days, and listings were deactivated for 1-2 hours.

user profile
Seller_tCDEF3Oga24wr

Yes, it is all about how you prepare your docs. If you have everything in hand, it’s a lot quicker; I have a few appointments with german accountants to get as much information as possible before jumping in. For example, I needed clarification if I needed VAT registration for two EU countries for the PAN-Europeon program or if I could register only with Germany and store my goods there.

user profile
Seller_tCDEF3Oga24wr

I want to start with Germany first. Then, I will extend to France. How long does it take for the VAT number?

user profile
Seller_qZO3ZCjoBXEeL

It used to be that technically you could, but in practice it was impossible to register for an EU VAT number without also being VAT registered in your home marketplace. I don’t know if this has changed.

Remember that once you are VAT registered anywhere, you can no longer apply for VAT exemption status (as Amazon call it) so you’ll be paying VAT on all your UK fees (and unable to recover them) - assuming you’ve already exempted yourself. Also if you are using VAT exemption for invoice generation that will stop so you’ll have to manually create your UK invoices.

user profile
Seller_tCDEF3Oga24wr

Hi, Thank you so much for your efforts to find a solution for me. I will update once all is sorted.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post