user profile
Sign in
user profile

Get answers about the General Product Safety Regulation: Responsible Person and Warning and Safety Information at the upcoming Ask Amazon Event on October 15-16, 2024!

by Julia_Amzn
Pinned by community managerpin

We invite you all to our next Ask Amazon Event on the Amazon Seller Forums. This time, we will answer your questions about the General Product Safety Regulation: Responsible Person and Warning and Safety Information.

Do you have questions about the General Product Safety Regulation: Responsible Person and Warning and Safety Information? Join our Ask Amazon event on October 15-16, 2024, and post your questions as comments on the Ask Amazon thread. We'll forward your questions to our partner team and provide answers.

Please note: This event is intended for general questions and we cannot provide advice or feedback on individual cases.

We look forward to addressing your queries.

Tags: Ask Amazon, Engage with Amazon, Events, Partner network
13 replies
13 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Julia_Amzn’s post

Please explain how the below complies with GPSR. And in general, why amazon believe GPSR details do not need to be supplied on Amazon UK, referencing where in the EU policy their understanding comes from

Under GPSR, it's important to look at "the order creation country" not the destination country as order creation country indicates where listing takes place. UK is not a part of EU therefore if the order is created on amazon.co.uk and sent to Northern Ireland, that order doesn't need to comply with GPSR. If the order has been created in any other Amazon EU Marketplace and sent to NI, those listings will need to comply with GPSR regulations.

As an example, when you buy a phone charger at UK airport during your transit flight and you take the charger back to your home in Germany. You can not expect that charger to be complying with EU regulations.

user profile
Seller_Vf10jieAEG9f1

Can you please advise when Seller Central will be fixed so we an upload the necessary data.

user profile
Seller_76AUwmqvSyRIM

It's to do with the Windsor Protocol.

user profile
Seller_Nprc5XWvdLYk9
View post
So I do also not understand how amazon can say that orders sent to Northern Ireland do not need to comply with GPSR - when the same Amazon told us we needed to have a responsible person marked in EU on goods in order to sell to Northern Ireland (for the same reason as I laid out above)
user profile
Seller_JkJ5Wu8mvvXN6

We need to know the following, we need time to do it as some people of thousands of listings.

1. do we need to do anything to the catalogue page, I do them individual as not sure how to do flat sheets etc.

2. can we opt out from selling to northern Ireland, this would make it easier for some sellers.

3. I have been worrying all year about this as amazon is important to me as it pays my wages and I always want to do things properly, sure the rest are the same too.

4. would be nice to have a grace period as i can guarantee not everyone will know about it.

5 we need a video recording on how to do updates to listings, packaging etc (with humans and not cartoon type)

user profile
Seller_EwItgN7AZjo9i

When i submit our 'Manufactuer Information' and 'Responsible Person Information' using the 'Add compliance information' nothing happens.

Every time i visit this screen and submit the infromation i seem submitted but it does not appear in the admin or on the front end for the products they all show.

Im not reciving any errors during the process, im logged into the main amazon account and i have tried on different browsers.

Is there any other way we can add this information in bulk via CSV upload for example.

user profile
Seller_GEHZMwzY2hkWm

My question is why are we being asked to provide this information for a printed t-shirt. How can a simple cotton t-shirt come under General Product Safety Information Regulations? Our supplier (the manufacturer of the t-shirts - which we then print) has said no safety information is available for a garment like this.

user profile
Julia_Amzn

Hello Sellers,

Thank you for engaging in the GPSR Ask Amazon Invitation thread. We are waiting for all your questions on October 15-16.

Thank you,

Julia.

user profile
Seller_nex6aLZ9HPynF

Very simple question to be answered.

If we remove N.Ireland as a shipping destination will that resolve any issues the GPSR could cause?

user profile
Seller_ApaP1Nnxvj5UC

When the section for providing the information will be working, because currently it is not?

We have created the records of information about the responsible person and contact info. Then after choosing them and Save the status goes to "Under review".

Upon checking on the next day it states "Your submission is required". We have to choose, save, wait another 24h just to find the same "Your submission is required".

So how we are supposed to be compliant if are in that loop?

user profile
Seller_VuF0Giy2DzDiV

We have a few questions with this process:

- There is a simple GPSR Safety Attestation on every listing now. We have over 10,000+ showing within our account health that need actioning. Is there not a simple way to do this in bulk with a flat file. Every template I have downloaded it does not contain this field.

- Similar to above it also asks on products for: GPSR Manufacturer Email Address. Is there a way to enter this in bulk or assign this to the brand so it automatically applies to each product.

- We are a reseller of different brands - an online retailer. We are not the brand owner. It is a little confusing what information you require from us and where. Support tells us to register the brand (Which we can't). On the compliance dashboard it only shows a few SKUs. So does that mean everything else has been handled by the brand already?

Thanks.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post