user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer asking for invoices

by Seller_lGqOO9I4hUVvF

I have a customer asking for an invoice from me from the DE marketplace.

I have said I am VAT except so Amazon should be providing the invoices but they are being persistent in saying I should send them one.

Please help

Tags: Customer
17 replies
17 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_nex6aLZ9HPynF
In reply to: Seller_lGqOO9I4hUVvF’s post

Are you sure they are asking for invoice? This will be a new one on most Amazon sellers, as I don’t think this question has ever been asked before.

user profile
Seller_ejwc84JNL5Uk6

Have you declared your non Vat registration on Amazon and enabled the automatic invoice procedure.?

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

If you are VAT exempt then you can enable Amazon to automatically provide invoice/receipt (it is actually a receipt if not VAT registered).
Click on this link and you can activate it.

Sellers exempt from VAT registration in both the EU and the UK can declare their VAT exemption status and benefit from automated receipt generation.

user profile
Seller_lGqOO9I4hUVvF

I have registered for VAT exemption so Amazon should supply the invoice? I’m not sure why they’re asking me

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

Have you checked if the invoice has been uploaded you can see it on the orders page? If it has, perhaps they just don’t know where to find it

user profile
Seller_NoMNQDGnEW5Bx

If you go to your order screen and click manage invoice, you will know if one is there, if it’s not, its very simple to create one

user profile
Seller_DROodOAYHftnc

Have you actually enabled the automatic receipt generation by Amazon ?
Amazon will only do it if you have declared yourself exempt via this link:

. Sellers exempt from VAT registration in both the EU and the UK can declare their VAT exemption status and benefit from automated receipt generation.

user profile
Seller_KKcTTZzy6Jd6Q

Go to your manage orders page and find the order in question.
Click on “manage invoice” next to the order, download the invoice from the pop-up that displays.
Send the invoice to the customer through an Amazon message.

Check the date on the order, we regularly get customers from 3+ years ago asking for invoices, Amazon will only generate them if the order was placed AFTER you signed up for their automated invoice/receipt service.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post