user profile
Sign in
user profile

10 Years selling on Amazon account deactivated

by Seller_Mm1T4Y55OdRrc

I believe that this is the end of our Amazon account but before we give up I thought I would reach out here in the hope there is something that we have missed.

Background

We have sold on Amazon since 2014 mainly video games, mostly our own stock but over the years we have also had agreements with suppliers who will ship directly to the customer. We have had the usual problems that we see on the forum all the time but never had account suspended.

On Thursday I logged into find our account had been deactivated, with the below message. It relates this product:

ASIN: |B07FF4YQQK|

Brand: |SONY-PLAYSTATION|

Hello,

Your Amazon selling account has been deactivated. Your listings have been removed in accordance with section 3 of the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement. We leveraged a combination of automated means and expert human review to make this decision. Funds available in your account will be withheld. If you have FBA inventory of the items causing "inauthentic" complaints in Amazon European fulfillment centers, they are currently ineligible for removal.

Why is this happening?

We have taken this measure because we have concerns about the authenticity of the items listed at the end of this email. In order to ensure that customers can shop with confidence on Amazon, we request additional information from sellers to confirm the authenticity of certain products. The sale of counterfeit products on Amazon is strictly prohibited. Amazon has several product detail and listing policies to ensure customers have a consistent buying experience and receive items in the condition they expect.

It seems the product was created on Amazon (Not by us) with the wrong brand. We did list the item as it was sold by one of our suppliers but we never sold one and as far as we can see has not been listed or stock by us for years. The product is not on Amazon any longer. We often receive notifications about violations and always accept them and then remove the product as we list a lot against items already in the catalogue. In searching though emails we found an email on 20/04/2024 saying the listing had been deactivated as it infringes on the copyright of others

It seems the mistake we made was on this one appealing. We replied that the item was clearly incorrect but we did not create and the brand needed to be changed

After that on 4th April We received this message and as there was no listing and we didnt want to ever sell it again we felt that was the end of the matter until we were told our account was deactivated due to that product.

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

We understand your concern regarding your ASIN B07FF4YQQK. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that we'll help you in this regard.

We were unable to find a listing for product ID B07FF4YQQK. Please create a new listing by adding a product to your inventory.

To add a product to your inventory by matching it to an existing listing, follow these steps:

1. Select “Add products” from the “Catalogue” drop-down menu.

2. Under “Find your products in Amazon’s catalogue”, search for the product that you want to sell.

3. Once you locate the product, click “Show variations”, if applicable.

4. Select a condition.

5. Click on “Sell this Product”.

6. Enter your offer information in the provided fields.

7. Click on “Save”.

If you’re unable to locate your product in Add a Product, you can create a new product listing.

We understand that this is not the outcome that you are expecting but we appreciate your outmost patience and understanding.

We have tried appealing, stating that we accept we got this wrong, but we keep being asked for an invoice / supply chain we cannot provide. We tried reaching out to managingdirector in the hope we could explain the situation to a human and that this seems an over-reaction but no one has replied. Having read the forums over the years I assume this is the end for our business but it seems unfair after 10 years of selling.

Is there anything else I can do?

Tags: Account Health, Suspended
43 replies
43 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_PU8ypkNZEJU9p
In reply to: Seller_Mm1T4Y55OdRrc’s post

Really Sorry to hear this! - Im sure there's some Amazon People on here you can tag who monitor these message boards who usually help and are really good

@Sarah_Amzn @Ezra_Amazon @Jessica_Amazon_ @Winston_Amazon @Ash_AMZ@Maja_Amazon

I have seen the above tagged before and they seem really friendly and hepful. Hope this helps

user profile
Seller_mBzMy5fGvPFrw

I am sorry to hear you are going through this, We've been selling for over 10 years as well and we have 10000 SKUs listed for products we have been selling over the years.

We also feel punished for being long time sellers as products from 10 years ago suddenly are no longer allowed to be sold because of particular policy.

It's a big job to clean up the inventory and keep on top of everything.

I wish you the best of luck in trying to resolve this issue

user profile
Seller_Fg2fqaWOnEtha

Try the independent mediator, you will find it on the Amazon site. On paper you will have to pay half of the fee, the other half will be paid by Amazon and if you win Amazon will pay in full. Before you are allowed to have a mediator you will be assessed and if they realise that it's their mistake, they will correct it without you having to pay for anything. This is what happened to me after I exhausted all avenues, and appealed 100s of times. When they looked at it they reactivated everything immediately.

user profile
Seller_FZLmkAPnHuV4L

As far as Amazon is concerned, if you sell something on Amazon without an invoice (and in some cases, your suppliers suppliers invoice to - to demonstrate a supply chain) , then you are a criminal selling counterfeit goods. Unfortunately, on here it's guilty until proven innocent.

user profile
Seller_1vyLJePYDN9hf

Sounds like the usual Amazon bot-induced nonsense. Do you think they are using this kind of spurious reason to shut down sellers they want to discourage? I am finding more and more of these erroneous brandings which prevent my listing products I have sold for years, e.g. cannot list many Deutsche Grammophon cds because Amazon has them catalogued as Dolce & Gabbana (!) products which I am not authorised to sell.

Enquiries to SS on these produce the result one always gets: endless going around in circles with staff who just send autoscript or feign that they cannot understand the issue.

user profile
Seller_KlbXZHzQGSDZv

Change a brand on Amazon are you crazy :) Best thing to do if you come accross this situation is just delete the product and listing from your inventory. If the original creator is using a diferent brand to the product its either a mistake or they are using their own brand wrongly but thats amazons fault. Either way you are going to come a cropper when and if it ever gets looked at.

user profile
Seller_Mm1T4Y55OdRrc
Show post
The brand is definitely wrong and this is our mistake in that we didn't attempt to change it but we have not had any stock in of the item nor has the supplier in we believe 4 years, so didn't ever know it was wrong until we had the notification then when we contacted Amazon they said the listing was removed so we thought that was the end of the matter. We cannot provide an invoice. So there seems no way back.
user profile
Seller_Mm1T4Y55OdRrc

This thread has been up for nearly 7 days now, had a lot of views and replies, for which we are very grateful, but is there any reason that the mods would avoid. They have been tagged and its clear that we are in need of help. I would understand if they said that they couldn't help with this or if they disagree with the information we have stated but it seems odd that as a seller of 10 years on Amazon they have just ignored it?

We also had no response from the managingdirector email and it feels like there is nothing we can do now.

We provided an invoice from our supplier and were told we also needed our supplier's supplier but the supplier cannot provide as they didn't buy from the manufaturer and again the main problem is that the product in question has the Brand: Playstation in the Amazon catalogue and that is incorrect - we feel if the Brand had been correct in the catalogue then this would not have been an issue.

Is it common for the Moderators to not pick up issues that may be complicated?

user profile
Seller_VJ4XoAkjDpjPH

Hello @Seller_Mm1T4Y55OdRrc,

I'm Abella from Amazon, here to help you. I understand that you have a query related to the deactivation of your account.

We greatly appreciate you reaching out to us with your inquiry. Rest assured, we will make every effort to provide you with the support and information you need.

Thanks for all your contributions @Seller_PU8ypkNZEJU9p, @Seller_mBzMy5fGvPFrw, @Seller_Fg2fqaWOnEtha, @Seller_FZLmkAPnHuV4L, @Seller_1vyLJePYDN9hf, @Seller_KlbXZHzQGSDZv.

There are certain policies that Amazon expects its sellers to follow while operating the platform, and Amazon Services Europe Business Solutions Agreement is one among them.

user profile
Seller_Mm1T4Y55OdRrc
Show post
It seems the product was created on Amazon (Not by us) with the wrong brand. We did list the item as it was sold by one of our suppliers but we never sold one and as far as we can see has not been listed or stock by us for years. The product is not on Amazon any longer. We often receive notifications about violations and always accept them and then remove the product as we list a lot against items already in the catalogue. In searching though emails we found an email on 20/04/2024 saying the listing had been deactivated as it infringes on the copyright of others

Despite not being the creator of the listing or having stocked or sold the item for many years, its presence in your inventory is the reason for the violation and subsequent deactivation of your account.

Amazon places great emphasis on product authenticity. To reactivate your account, you must provide valid invoices for the products in question.

user profile
Seller_Mm1T4Y55OdRrc
Show post
Is it common for the Moderators to not pick up issues that may be complicated?

We thoroughly review each of our sellers' posts and provide them with comprehensive assistance. While there may be occasional delays, we strive to ensure that all the support and assistance our sellers need is provided.

If you need any further assistance, you can post here so that we or any of the sellers on forum can help you.

Regards,

Abella.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post