user profile
Sign in
user profile

Customer Threatening To Claim Before Order is Posted

by Seller_0BTOhR5xfjfUq

Customer placed an order with us a few hours ago, the delivery date is Friday 5th to Monday 8th and they are demanding we deliver by Thursday 4th or they will claim their money back! It's a £3 order so I can't upgrade to a faster postage and have explained that politely.

And you know if we cancel it, they will leave bad feedback. Any clues what to do?

We already offered twice to cancel it and they said no both times and insisted delivery will be Thursday 4th.

Tags: A to Z Claims, Buyer messages, Customer, Negative reviews
19 replies
19 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_d8YGbIjNqwFxn
In reply to: Seller_0BTOhR5xfjfUq’s post

I would cancel if your metrics can take the negative feedback.

If you send it out you are likely to lose the money as the chance of them claiming is high. If it is not received on time then they may well give negative feedback.

Whatever you can do you can't win with this one.

There is a chance though if you post it tomorrow it will be received by Thursday. So you could also just take a gamble on it.

user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh

I would also definitely report the message from the customer under the reason 'I think the buyer is being unreasonable'

user profile
Seller_ae51e0CJoHqCX

Tough call I'm afraid.

Since the customer has immediately got in touch after placing the order, it now triggers an event in Amazon meaning that when they go to raise an A-Z even though it is in the timeframe you will lose if it is showing as not delivered up until that point.

If your metrics can take the cancellation hit, that would be the way to go otherwise you eisk an A-Z and will end up refunding it anyway., Sounds to me thay are out to be a pain regardless.

If you have not sent this with tracking or there is no delivery scan, you will end up with an A-Z if they raise it.

You see Amazon automate A-Z claims and this is a findamental flaw in the system that they make a customer contact you in the first instance before they can make a claim and after 48 hours it allows the process. In that 48 hours, if you refund nothing can happen. The flaw is that the customer has already contacted you, so now they hold all of the cards that Amazon await a scan of delivery or an acceptance of liability. If they don't have anything then as soon as customer contacts again they automatically win A-Z claim..

user profile
Seller_DfMOm9tgJKAex

in a case like this I would simply cancel the order

more over, what I do is add an option for customer to upgrade the postal option to 2nd day.. this way they have the option of faster delivery if wanted without leaving me out of pocket

user profile
Seller_0BTOhR5xfjfUq

Update...posted yesterday (fully tracked in the end) and we got this message from the customer this morning:

'Hello I’ve purchased alternate bags so no longer needed please don’t send and refund many thanks.'

user profile
Seller_ZQyopdiwkUHOZ

Make sure you report them for using the message system to make threats.

user profile
Seller_idCSjD35wINVo

mark as shipped and hope that it gets there 😜 if it doesn't arrive just apologise for loss or delay in the post.

user profile
Seller_0BTOhR5xfjfUq

Thanks for your replies, they've now come back again and said that they've had to buy an alternative because of 'the delay'.

As it's fully tracked (should be with photos) and the delivery date is estimated at Friday 5th to Monday 8th I'll just stick to Amazon rules for now and hope they see sense when this person obviously will open a case.

Have reported the messages as well. Worst bit is...I checked out the property online just to check the postman wouldn't have delivery problems with gates etc...and it's estimated at over a million pounds!

Makes you wonder why a person with so much wealth is bothering trying to pick on a small business for a £3 order!

user profile
Seller_IQo80d99W2DzP

I note later updates as well of yours.

I assume you have reported them: https://sellercentral-europe.amazon.com/abuse-submission/form/other

I would also message the Buyer, remind them that they chose to order with the Amazon system estimating a delivery by 8 July 2024 (and they had the option for faster Priority delivery, at extra cost, but they did not choose that option).

Screenshot the order information Amazon show on your system as proof, and PDF proof to them, with a copy of emails, so can be seen by Amazon as well when they investigate the A-Z Claim.

I would also suggest to provide them now with a Returns Number and Returns Address and tell them to raise a return request via Amazon if the items are unwanted. Then if an A-Z Claim, they can see authorised to return and should tell the Buyer to return the items. If they claim free postage, as the wrong reason chosen, as will be likely, you can raise a Safe-T Claim.

A lot to do for £3 but may save defects on the Account.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post