user profile
Sign in
user profile

Account Suspended for Alleged Intellectual Property Infringement

by Seller_J7uOeBO7fNi2c

Hi sellers,

My account was recently suspended, and after reviewing two emails from Amazon, I discovered that the issue was related to Amazon's Intellectual Property Policy. The second email specified that my account was deactivated in accordance with section 3 of Amazon's Business Solutions Agreement. The cause was the following listing:

ASIN: B0CRHW46LQ

Brand: JUJUTSU KAISEN

Link to the listing: https://www.amazon.fr/EZVALO-D%C3%A9tecteur-Mouvement-d%C3%89clairage-Rechargeable/dp/B0CRHW46LQ/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?crid=1XRBAPIHH5VK8&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.WBxCUIIEG8it-_24MMVCUnpUADlhebiWTAyp7LoWF5pGqMIdOyADt920UDgySf1xx4aoF8IHhF4MEQM5YmxPNEU0qSHyPR2cvQFl3ioXrkc.lwuPicxV2m_1ykaO85G94-9eSOQS3Ma3Iy3btvzOz2c&dib_tag=se&keywords=B0CRHW46LQ&qid=1717712363&sprefix=b0crhw46lq%2Caps%2C200&sr=8-1-fkmr0&th=1.

I submitted two appeals addressing this and providing clarification. One appeal was rejected, and I am currently awaiting the response to the second one. I believe my account was deactivated in error. The listing in question was placed in the buybox, which allows any seller to set their price on the existing listing. There were no restrictions or Intellectual Property issues associated with this listing at the time it was created, as far as I know.

I had been on the buybox listing for 3-4 months without any issues. I never received any contact from the original seller, and nothing happened until recently, which leads me to believe this was an error. If I had been violating any of Amazon's policies, it would have affected other similar listings I have with similar names and using brand names such as JUJUTSU KAISEN. Should I remove every listing related to that brand? (For those who don't know, it's the name of a Japanese anime.)

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thank you for your assistance.

Tags: Account Health, Seller Support, Suspended
16 replies
16 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ZJhFeE3tNKzfh
In reply to: Seller_J7uOeBO7fNi2c’s post

That product though is not branded JUJUTSU KAISEN - its branded SATCOP. I don't know who SATCOP is, but are they licensed to create that product from the brand owners of JUJUTSU KAISEN?

What has likely happened is its possible that the brand owners of the anime might be cracking down on fake products that use their brand name.

user profile
Seller_zDUw7ekrB6OEy

Just because you can list on a listing it doesn't mean that you are allowed to. Do you have approval from the brand to sell this item on Amazon?

Did you list using an EAN number or searched for the title?

The listing shows as currently unavailable so maybe they have stopped all sellers from listing.

user profile
Seller_3GS0vf2k9cZ2V

Looking at other listings they are all fake made up brand names to get past amazon , just a quick pic from amazon shows all these are fake unlicensed items selling the same thing

Some of these sellers have got around it by not including the JUJUTSU KAISEN in the title , be careful as it looks to me you are selling an unauthorised item with a made up brand

user profile
Simon_Amazon

Hello @Seller_J7uOeBO7fNi2c,

Here Simon from Amazon, happy to try to help.

Have you tried to contact our Account Health Support team via the 'Call me Now' button?

The team should be able to help improve the appeal if needed.

Best,

Simon

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post