user profile
Sign in
user profile

Giving a One off discount to a specific buyer

by Seller_FUxyRq9Ms6DV5

Where a buyer messages me about buying anther of my similarly priced products I would like to offer them a discount (eg send the item freepost). This is simple on E bay as I just message them back with “An Offer” which they accept and proceed to buy from me at the reduced price.

I have asked Amazon Support and received a response that appears to describe a complex way of offering discounts but not to a single specified buyer.

Anyone with advice on this … it would be much appreciated

Thanks.

Tags: Pricing
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_72Sy9T6sEfmjl
In reply to: Seller_FUxyRq9Ms6DV5’s post

Use promotions and opt for a voucher code. You can then send the code to the customer. Set voucher use to 1 per customer and then you can use the same code for others.

user profile
Seller_DFxYoLWOQaOFI

There’s a better way to do this also which stops people from spreading the code around. Set up a money off promotion with whatever end date you wish, offer etc.

At Step 3, choose the following:

Claim code
Single-use claim code required

One redemption per customer
Yes

Claim Code Combinability
Exclusive

Once you save the promotion, click view and when it loads you should see a button along the top where it says “End Promotion”, one will read “Manage Claim Codes”. Click this one, and then follow the steps to create a unique one time use code. I have a couple set up for £5 and £10 which whenever a customer has had an issue I can simply create a code to give them and it’ll only be usable once.

user profile
Seller_FUxyRq9Ms6DV5

Thanks for your help.

I’m newish to Amazon selling and find the procedures they have laid down to do anything convoluted to say the least.

I’ve sold thousands of items on Ebay where it takes seconds to send a particular buyer a special offer. After spending almost half and hour trying unsuccessfully to go down the promotions route and messaging the buyer to keep them informed I had to admit defeat… and just sent them the item free.

Thanks again for spending the time to give your help… I will have to get my IT department (my cousin Paul) to set up my system so in the future its all set up as per your advice.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post